The Hunt - Battle In The Countryside

Munzy

Did anyone see this? It’s currently on iPlayer if you’re interested.

Seeig as it is BBC I expected a one-sided attack on the hunt but I was actually surprised. I felt it came down on the other side and made the hunt look very respectable.

The fact that the hunt did not wish to take part in the programme led the makers to interview hunt supporters in the street, all of whom were young, articulate and likeable characters. There was no sign of a posh vs working class divide in the characters they picked to narrate the story.

The sabs were made out to look like heroes but in reality I think the footage they chose made them look like the terrorist law breakers they are.

I thought it was good for the hunt but I’d be interested in your views in case my personal feelings led me to form a conclusion that wasn’t there in reality.

A good observation there Must.

I had a personal observation a few weeks ago that the Biased Broadcasting Corporation had changed direction a bit, maybe due to the constant criticism regarding bias? No doubt they monitor progress towards their agendas?

4 hours ago, Wb123 said:

I absolutely concur. Unfortunately it still failed to persuade the better half that she is prepared to let me take her horse foxhunting, she maintains foxes should be shot trapped or snared, and her horse may only drag hunt. 

Tell her its a trail hunt. :good:

1 hour ago, figgy said:

Tell her its a trail hunt. :good:

Over here they don't really do trail hunting and she knows it. 

46 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

All hunting is trail hunting nowadays by law ?

Not here, who would have thought Northern Ireland would be the last outpost of civilisation in the British isles. 

On 5/7/2018 at 08:49, Munzy said:

Did anyone see this? It’s currently on iPlayer if you’re interested.

Seeig as it is BBC I expected a one-sided attack on the hunt but I was actually surprised. I felt it came down on the other side and made the hunt look very respectable.

The fact that the hunt did not wish to take part in the programme led the makers to interview hunt supporters in the street, all of whom were young, articulate and likeable characters. There was no sign of a posh vs working class divide in the characters they picked to narrate the story.

The sabs were made out to look like heroes but in reality I think the footage they chose made them look like the terrorist law breakers they are.

I thought it was good for the hunt but I’d be interested in your views in case my personal feelings led me to form a conclusion that wasn’t there in reality.

What channel was it on, please?

What came out very clearly to me is that the Sabs are not interested in whether the law is being broken or not - they get their enjoyment from spoiling other peoples day.  In fact, there was no evidence that any law was being broken.

One said - we've spoiled their day, brilliant, I'm never going to stop sabbing.

For any country (or any other leisure) activity to be deliberately disrupted by a group of masked people who's sole intention is to spoil others days is thoroughly unpleasant - which is exactly what these people are.

1 hour ago, Scully said:

I haven't watched it an have no intention of doing so, but as a thought....one way to really upset the antis would be for the riders, hunt supporters, followers et al to be masked also. :yes:

They would probably ring the police saying they were scared

I`ve seen some of it but personally I didn't find it great viewing.

Am not against the hunt but I dont really support them either since a local hunt caused carnage at the livery yard my wife had her horse at two years on the trott and didn't even make an attempt to apologise even with two hunt masters being vets. The yard contacted them twice to try and make it workable for both party's safely but no response was ever made. So they made people who were previously supportive into none supporters (but not completely anti`s). Poor form by that hunt.

The anti`s are by far the worst offenders in this and make for ugly viewing no matter how they try to defend it and justify it. But the hunt do play right into their hands with some of their activities. 

I also think the whole lot will just continue to escalate into far more ugly viewing and to simply stop the lot regardless of where the blame lies it will all just get banned in all forms and on both sides, that way any involvement on either side will be simple to deal with for the police and courts. 

29 minutes ago, salop sniper said:

The anti`s are by far the worst offenders in this and make for ugly viewing no matter how they try to defend it and justify it. But the hunt do play right into their hands with some of their activities

In what way ?
To me its like some masked intruder jumping over your fence into your garden while you were having a barbecue, and knocking your sausages over because they dont agree with you eating meat !
You are going to be quite rightly offended and somewhat defensive to say the least !

Its private land, and the hunt are commiting no crimes, what right do the sabs have to disrupt this ?

*Disclaimer, I dont actually agree with hunting fox with dogs, but I will defend their rights to pursue their lawful business.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

They would probably ring the police saying they were scared

Possibly, but it would also be playing the antis at their own game. The antis could do all the filming they wanted but no one could be personally identified. I think the antis would find it very frustrating. :yes:

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

In what way ?
To me its like some masked intruder jumping over your fence into your garden while you were having a barbecue, and knocking your sausages over because they dont agree with you eating meat !
You are going to be quite rightly offended and somewhat defensive to say the least !

Its private land, and the hunt are commiting no crimes, what right do the sabs have to disrupt this ?

*Disclaimer, I dont actually agree with hunting fox with dogs, but I will defend their rights to pursue their lawful business.

Will PM you :good:

2 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

Watching it now, biggest issue with the program is archive footage of hunts, no one wanted to be filmed on that side so its a sabs dream. Just cameras following them getting their side of things and showing their own footage.. 

That was my point though... don’t you think the people they interviewed on the street on the side of the hunt came across well?

2 minutes ago, Munzy said:

That was my point though... don’t you think the people they interviewed on the street on the side of the hunt came across well?

I think they did. But it was sound bites, thrown in at random times. I feel bad for the sabs that they have nothing better to do on a Saturday than to cause havoc, and actually at times get a fox killed, then blame the hunt. 

On 08/05/2018 at 11:24, Penelope said:

What channel was it on, please?

It was bbc3 so only Iplayer..