High lodge own cartridge

The own brand stuff at any clay ground is usually the cheapest carts a manufacturer makes. I went to Bisley yesterday and bought some of there own which were gamebore fiberwad had a bit of kick to them.

Other grounds ive had own branded and they were Eley Firsts again not the best carts.

Your best bet is if they have a choice 21 or 24 gram carts. If they sell 21g CompX thyre the lowest recoiling cart i have shot.

1 hour ago, mecman said:

Their 24gram shell is the lightest recoil cartridge I have ever shot 12.5 grains of powder. Subsonic but plenty good enough for targets up to 35 yards. good cartridge if the wife is just starting.

We ended up doing 156 between us in the end, we used their 24g cart but and it's killed her shouldn't haha, as we brought a slab ill be using the left overs and will be getting a slab of hulls as figgy suggested for the next time. 

Last time we stayed at High Lodge,my wife tried some of the HL 24gr which I thought were not good shall we say. To be honest the Eley First Select is a far better cartridge in my opinion but we are Eley fans normally using Superbs.

We love High Lodge and have been going down every year for the past 14 years. Their lodges are spot on with fishing just outside the front door.

Phil

On 08/05/2018 at 12:00, GingerCat said:

Comp x 21g have very low recoil. 

I'm planning on getting a slab of these for next time, hopefully they will be a bit better for her. 

1 hour ago, philpotttt said:

Last time we stayed at High Lodge,my wife tried some of the HL 24gr which I thought were not good shall we say. To be honest the Eley First Select is a far better cartridge in my opinion but we are Eley fans normally using Superbs.

We love High Lodge and have been going down every year for the past 14 years. Their lodges are spot on with fishing just outside the front door.

Phil

The high lodge ones were stamped eley, to be honest this is the first time we'd been clay shooting and after only using 30g + game loads other than the bang I didn't really notice the gun had gone off, I'll use the rest of them up and then move on to the comp x after, especially as theyre only £45 slab.