Pigeon Flapper Failure

Frustratingly, I have just 'broken' my second Nitehawk 300 rpm Turbo pigeon flapper; the first died after just one outing and was replaced by the provider (free of charge) and the second now just buzzes at me in 5 second bursts after a dozen outings.  They are not cheap (£39 ish) but appear to be a waste of money.  Anyone had the same experience with this model?  can you recommend a better make?  A pity, because I found that they make a real contribution to a decoy pattern.  Advice/thoughts much appreciated.

FF5 flapper from Nick at Flightline Decoys. In my opinion the best made flapper available in the market. They’re not cheap but as you’ve found out, buy cheap,  buy twice!! Or in your case 3 times ?

Edited by Delwint

10 hours ago, Delwint said:

FF5 flapper from Nick at Flightline Decoys. In my opinion the best made flapper available in the market. They’re not cheap but as you’ve found out, buy cheap,  buy twice!! Or in your case 3 times ?

As above i have 2 and there the best flapper on the planet.

As has been said the higher price ones are better made. But on saying that very often they are an easy fix, sometimes it could just be a tiny grub screw has come loose on a shaft. If the motor itself goes, they are available on the bay.

I would say £39 is cheap for a flapper, sorry. I would ask for your money back and get a better quality one if you can. Failing that I repaired an old one I had by getting a new motor, which wasn't more than £6 and fixing it myself. Quite easy and I am definitely not mechanically-minded.

AA Decoys Turbo flapper, £45 inc timer. Only had one problem with the two machines I have, the part was sent foc by return of post & I fitted it myself. I admit I have not used any other make, because I haven't needed to. I did buy an adjustable timer off the bay because I thought the one supplied flapped for too long, but I'm mega fussy! Atb.

4 hours ago, HIDENSEEK said:

AA Decoys Turbo flapper, £45 inc timer. Only had one problem with the two machines I have, the part was sent foc by return of post & I fitted it myself. I admit I have not used any other make, because I haven't needed to. I did buy an adjustable timer off the bay because I thought the one supplied flapped for too long, but I'm mega fussy! Atb.

I have two of AA's flappers as well as their light weight magnet, never had a problem in over 3 years using them at least twice a week, still going strong and ultra reliable, only mod I made was a remote on/off switch on the magnet as I am often out for 5 to 6 hours and like to save some battery for late arrivals.

14 hours ago, motty said:

But do they pull pigeons noticeably better than other flappers?

No i have both AA and ff5 both do a good job at the right place and time, but heavy and cumbersome to carry, if i have a long walk to get to my hide position i just take 10 3 foot long canes and do Geff Garrot style decoying which workes just as well most times.