Amazon Flexible Payment Services?HELP Required

marsh man

Hi .... Have anyone used the above service for paying for anything they have bought ? . this is why I asked

I enquired about a Honda CR-V on Gumtree that seemed like a good buy , the lady who own the motor got back in touch to say she had just moved to Holland and the car is over there , she said she would ship it back here by a freight service and deliver it to my address.

I know you are already smelling a rat:yes:

There were nine photos with the advert , the lady have had it from new and got all the receipts and invoices , H p I clear and m o t till September , Full Honda service history with receipts showing maintenance and no major repairs , invoice from new , both keys and bill of sale .

The car is a Honda CR-V .2.2i - CDTi , 2009 and done 66,000 miles . £3,500.00

Now back to the initial question , the payment would be made Amazon Flexible Payment Services ( ESCROW ) which is a third holding party ,

I have five days from the time it is delivered to get it checked out to my satisfaction before I transfer the money over .

Now over to the wise men on P W , do I walk away or do it sound a fair deal, and is there anything else I need to do?

P S .. I have asked her to send me photos of the service history , M O T , and any paperwork she think would could help to seal a deal.

Amazon flexible payment services was actually a service Amazon offered in the Amazon cloud environment to integrate with merchants who wanted to take card payments for online stores.  It was discontinued a few years ago and replaced with "Amazon Pay".  It is not the escrow type arrangement you describe.

See this article, albeit a couple of years old, that is scary close to what you are describing https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/news/fake-holding-accounts-target-car-buyers-online-jul16

Edited by grrclark

DONT do it!

It sounds like the escrow scam!  The seller sends you a page that looks identical to the original but has the bank details altered. 

Is it a very good deal?

Do you have the registration number? If so put it into google and do a search and you will probably find it for sale some where else with the same photos as you have been sent.

Quick search on Google and found this:

Amazon Flexible Payments Service (FPS) will be discontinued effective June 1, 2015. 

Walk away very quickly.

There have been loads of similar scams on the Freecycle sties where the person giving stuff away has suddenly had to move because of illness or some other family reason, they will send you the item if you send them the courier monies.

If its too good to be true, it is usually a scam of some kind.

5 minutes ago, grrclark said:

Amazon flexible payment services was actually a service they offered in the Amazon cloud environment to integrate with merchants who wanted to take card payments for online stores.  It was discontinued a few years ago and replaced with "Amazon Pay".  It is not the escrow type arrangement you describe.

See this article, albeit a couple of years old, that are scary close to what you are describing https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/news/fake-holding-accounts-target-car-buyers-online-jul16

THANKS grrclark  , that link is 99.9% the same , and MANY THANKS to the kind wise men of P W in making me aware of it being a scam , Very much appreciated .

I will stick to what I have done all my life , meet eye to eye and deal in pound notes :good: