How was your bank holiday weekend

getthegat

Guest stevo

Three days of shooting , shagggging ,  horse riding , good laugh with the missus , and plenty of chilled rose wine in the warm evenings 

normal weekend really ?

Edited by stevo

5 hours ago, stevo said:

Three days of shooting , shagggging ,  horse riding , good laugh with the missus , and plenty of chilled rose wine in the warm evenings 

normal weekend really ?

Don' you just hate some people.

If not for the horse riding and the chose of beverage Steve would fall into this catorgy.

Spent the days sweltering getting a stable ready for the Lady Hounds new horse, big smelly thing that converts pound notes into poo. But hayho, needs must when the Dragon drives. At least I get some piece when she is out riding and she leaves me alone to go shooting.

8 minutes ago, Howling Hound said:

If not for the horse riding and the chose of beverage Steve would fall into this catorgy.

Spent the days sweltering getting a stable ready for the Lady Hounds new horse, big smelly thing that converts pound notes into poo. But hayho, needs must when the Dragon drives. At least I get some piece when she is out riding and she leaves me alone to go shooting.

If she is out riding mate it will save you a job.

Guest stevo
On 08/05/2018 at 18:54, Howling Hound said:

There still cheeper than kids ! ?

6 hours ago, figgy said:

Scolopax i worked building a Ekofisk platform for that field , many years ago now in either the Hadrian yard on the Tyne iirc or the Kavaerner yard on the Tees as i worked in a few at that time as there were lots being built at the time.

It's a pretty amazing place! Only second trip out on this field, I'm actually just over on Eldfisk. Both are outstanding feats of engineering.

Sunday was a normal work day here, as was yesterday. Outside of work, went for my early morning walk around the campus (4:30am)  on Sunday morning and found one of the fox cubs from the family I've been watching caught in one of the two static cage traps that someone sets periodically. The traps aren't checked for days at a time, so I released the cub as my good deed for the day. Not sure what it's prospects will be  but there's precious little wildlife here and I wasn't happy about it dying of thirst in the sun. Other than that, just been tying flies for my upcoming hols.

1 hour ago, Retsdon said:

Sunday was a normal work day here, as was yesterday. Outside of work, went for my early morning walk around the campus (4:30am)  on Sunday morning and found one of the fox cubs from the family I've been watching caught in one of the two static cage traps that someone sets periodically. The traps aren't checked for days at a time, so I released the cub as my good deed for the day. Not sure what it's prospects will be  but there's precious little wildlife here and I wasn't happy about it dying of thirst in the sun. Other than that, just been tying flies for my upcoming hols.

I may be wrong but Isn’t interfering with a legal trap an offence? 

33 minutes ago, amateur said:

Yeah, they chop your hands off when they catch you

:lol: Nothing would surprise me out there.

11 minutes ago, Scully said:

Ah.... I have no idea where he is. 

Retsdon is an ex pat living in Saudi Arabia.

Spent Friday morning in the river mersey at low tide near new ferry looking for pieces of the GREAT EASTERN. I've always liked history and especially I. K. B. ISIMBARD KINGDOM BRUNEL. So decided to take Fri off on leave and go hunting for pieces of the great ship. After wading through the mud for about half a hour I came across a piece of encrusted metal approx 18 inches by 7 inches, after knocking of the loose layer I discovered a row of rivets. I bought along a tape measure as I had researched that the thickness of metal used was 1inch and 3/4 and 1/4 inch thick depending where the metal was used. The piece I had found was a portion of decking plate as it was attached to a piece of 4 1/2 inch angle iron which was used against the bulkheads. Got the piece home and cleaned it all up, decided to cut it in half as I want to display the piece in my garage in a cabinet with some photos and info regarding the ship. So if any one wants a piece of the great Eastern I've got one going free all you have to do is clean it up. Sat, Sun, Mon just chilled. 

18 hours ago, The gouse said:

If she is out riding mate it will save you a job.

Yea but some jobs I don't mind doing. 

And how come it's my turn to walk the dog whenever it' raining

18 hours ago, stevo said:

There still cheeper than kids ! ?

At least there' some enjoyment to start off with kids (about 2.5 mins in my case) all down hill after that:whistling:

2 hours ago, klatuveradanikto said:

Spent Friday morning in the river mersey at low tide near new ferry looking for pieces of the GREAT EASTERN. I've always liked history and especially I. K. B. ISIMBARD KINGDOM BRUNEL. So decided to take Fri off on leave and go hunting for pieces of the great ship. After wading through the mud for about half a hour I came across a piece of encrusted metal approx 18 inches by 7 inches, after knocking of the loose layer I discovered a row of rivets. I bought along a tape measure as I had researched that the thickness of metal used was 1inch and 3/4 and 1/4 inch thick depending where the metal was used. The piece I had found was a portion of decking plate as it was attached to a piece of 4 1/2 inch angle iron which was used against the bulkheads. Got the piece home and cleaned it all up, decided to cut it in half as I want to display the piece in my garage in a cabinet with some photos and info regarding the ship. So if any one wants a piece of the great Eastern I've got one going free all you have to do is clean it up. Sat, Sun, Mon just chilled. 

We'll that was certainly different, glad you found a piece.

I've been setting up a photo hide to try and catch a pair of local Buzzards over the last couple of weeks. It's on the edge of a woodland about 80 yards from the nest. Finally after monitoring the birds for a while the weekend weather was perfect for a few shots. Armed with a roadkill pigeon and dead rabbit it was time to see if I could get them down and in camera range. On Saturday I put the pigeon out and had three birds down over a period of an hour and a half, probably about 50 feet away. On Monday one bird ate the face off the rabbit!! All in all a pretty successful couple of days. 

IMGP0802.jpg
IMGP1175.jpg
IMGP1136.jpg
IMGP0932.jpg

Great photo's there poontang.

We flew out to Lanzaroti for a week of Sunshine.

It was bloomin freezing,only sunny on one day, jumpers at night time, whilst you lot had a brilliant heat wave by all accounts. 

Found a 'Shrikes' Butchers Larder, Lizzards, Grasshoppers and Moths all skewered onto a Thorn Bush, saw the bird too, a Grey Backed Shrike I think.

Never ever seen one before, get them in the UK as well.

It was actually ok but hindsight and all that ! Should have stayed here.

Anyone heard of 'Caramel Vodka' Good God is that Pudding or what !

On 8 May 2018 at 20:14, Retsdon said:

Good on yer.