What would you do?

Scully

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Paul McCartney's shoes, I would get a better hair dye and retire, to spare the public more embarrassing performances from this has-been.

If I had the money,  I would consider donating a mega fortune to charities such as the RSPCA and then quickly dismiss that dumb idea. I would distribute a very sizeable chunk to friends and relatives. I would know where the money was going and to a good cause, unlike a new Roller for the charity CEO. 

buy land, a nice lump in the east for wild grey partridge, a couple of lumps in Scotland for red and black grouse, a lump in yorkshire for driven pheasant, another lump in yorkshire to breed foxes on and exercise hounds. Oh and a big lump of prime arable to just let go wild and see what happens. 

might need an overdarft aftre all of that.

A few Ha's of land somewhere - Get a good bit of forest, arable, wetland in there. The odd stream or two. A quarry would be good.  

Build my own house with workshop. Some staff to do the boring cleaning bits.  

Custom .308 and shotgun. An under lever 30-30.  

Flat in London for filthy weekends away.

Old LR Defender or a willys Jeep ... or both.

A proper African Safari.

A chunk to Amnesty International.

Struggling with the rest!

Edit: a whole chunk of land in Maine for hunting. Build a lodge up there and spend a few months every year over there! 

Edited by Lord v

Big donation to  the two angling associations which I am a member of, ditto shooting assoc.   Money to pro country sports organisations also.  Cancer charities also would not be forgotten. Some to family including education Trust for grandchildren.  Blow some on quality shooting and game angling and there would still be an embarrassing amount remaining.

Blackpowder

500-800 acre farm. 20ft electric fence. Few nice ponds, bit of a wood in middle. Tarmac the perimeter so I could take my lambo and bikes up and down the ranges I've dug out and put up a nice log cabin. 

Oh and my own vine yard :good:

1 minute ago, Winston72 said:

I don't have the stamina i used to, but they are cheaper once they're worn in

For £132,666,000 odd Id hope one was Donald Trump :whistling:

23 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello,  sing that ABBA song Scully, on a serious note invest 800 mill for charity and enjoy the 20 between family and a few friends,  

hello, to follow on from my post,  while i was in my bank yesterday talking to a member of staff  it seems there are still rules for giving away money, seems any sum over £3000 is subject to HMRC rules or who ever,  you have to live another 7 years or something along those lines, or the recipient has a tax bill, maybe a more learned PW member could clarify??, in that case with the 20 mill i will have to find many new friends:) names on a post card please:lol: 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper