Mauser 107 and Moderator Zeroing

flyeruk

I have recently picked up a very nice condition Mauser 107.22lr. I took it to the range yesterday and fitted a SAK mod.

Try as i may,i couldnt get it to group at all,all over the place. I was shooting from a bench rest and everytime i made ajustments to the

scope,it didnt seem to want to play ball.I then decided to take the mod off and everything changed. 

It zeroed perfectly,all shots in the centre of target.

The mod is not new,in fact,i have used it on a variety of rifles.

Question is,can a mod cause that many problems and if so,why?

Off subject a little bit but I too own a Mauser 107, cracking little rifle and superbly accurate. If you were ever looking for a magazine replacement which I have been looking for a spare for a good 10 years, I recently found out the older Voere 2107/8 is basically the same rifle and the magazines are identical and there are loads of brand new magazines online in 5,8, 10 and 15 shot. Hope this helps. T. 

Thanks for that thomas,thats good to know. I agree,its a really nice rifle. The one i have,is in really nice condition and looks like its been well looked after. After i took the mod off,which did not come with the rifle,it was really accurate with a great trigger break.

Before i condemn the mod,im going to try another one on it and see how it goes.Im not too bothered if it has been cut badly as i can use it without a mod on my permission.