Which disposable razor?

PPP

1 hour ago, KB1 said:

It's astounding that I've saved more than £200 in 4 months by just spending £12 on this gadget!  Even more astounding is realising just how much I spend on shaving every year!!!!

I use a Merkur double edged, and probably pay about 10 - 15p a blade, which lasts about a week to a fortnight depending on how much I shave etc.  Therefore costs about £5 - 10 a year in blades.  Gives a nice shave as well.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I use a Merkur double edged, and probably pay about 10 - 15p a blade, which lasts about a week to a fortnight depending on how much I shave etc.  Therefore costs about £5 - 10 a year in blades.  Gives a nice shave as well.

I'm a wuss, they frighten the **** out of me those ones😳

32 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Its not a cut-throat type, it is a safety razor, but they have replaceable blades.   You can get 'nicked', but it is easy not to.

I don't use a cut-throat.

I know which one you mean; maybe I should have stated, "I'm a Big Wuss"😥

33 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

OK, you fellows have convinced me to try the razor pit gimmick. To be honest I'd never go back to a double-edged blade. Too many bad memories of  blood and tissue paper!

Me too.....

An adjustable Gillette Fatboy from about 1950 for me. Japanese Feather blades last for a while but they are so sharp you can almost hear them cutting the air! It’s terrifying getting them out of the little wax paper envelope. I dial the settings on the razor right down to 1 (out of 10) otherwise my neck ends up a right old mess.

10 hours ago, Cheesefiend said:

An adjustable Gillette Fatboy from about 1950 for me. Japanese Feather blades last for a while but they are so sharp you can almost hear them cutting the air! It’s terrifying getting them out of the little wax paper envelope. I dial the settings on the razor right down to 1 (out of 10) otherwise my neck ends up a right old mess.

Run the edges once each side over a cork. Softens the edge up nicely.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a razor pit yesterday and it arrived today. It's pink but it was £4.79 delivered (eBay). Thought it might be a cheap scam but it's the genuine article. Tried it on my **** Aldi razor and was instantly impressed. Turned it from a blunt instrument into something almost sharp. Not as good as a new Gillette Mach4 but considerably cheaper and it wasn't new to begin with

Edited by spandit