Guns on back order sportsmans gun centre

Neil23

Evening all ..I've had a gun ordered at the above shop (armsan 620 semi) they have none in stock so they've put one on order but they said Highland outdoors the importer doest know when it will arrive from the factory so they thinking mid June I'm needing it for the sons birthday mid July just hoping it'll make it by then.has anyone had guns on back order from there or any shop for that matter coming from overseas with any idea on timescales?? Also the gun was ordered around a month ago.

like swinton says ive just looked on guntrader and there is one new adult/youth combo and one used adult/youth combo i would order one of those rfd it and cancel other one.hope you get it in time neil your lad will be pleased theyre great little guns.

2 hours ago, walshie said:

Get one elsewhere if you can. Sportsman messed me around for months saying they could get something they couldn't.

I ordered a Hushpower from them paid deposit etc,  6 months and many emails later bought one elsewhere, excuse after excuse

3 hours ago, Swinton said:

https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/shotguns/armsan/semi-auto/20-gauge/620s-junior-combination-2-stocks-180130193852001

thereis some new on guntrader .cancel the one you ordered and get one from somewhere else it you need it for his birthday.

agree

On 10/05/2018 at 18:55, walshie said:

Get one elsewhere if you can. Sportsman messed me around for months saying they could get something they couldn't.

I've got my eye on a couple on there I'm just wondering if the dealer who's ordered one for me has paid a deposit that's the only thing.

2 hours ago, Neil23 said:

I've got my eye on a couple on there I'm just wondering if the dealer who's ordered one for me has paid a deposit that's the only thing.

Ask the dealer to get his deposit back.

SGC kept saying my gun was "in the country" was "being proofed" etc etc. You name an excuse and they used it. I bought one elsewhere after many months and they still haven't phoned me to say they got the gun in.  

I bought a case tumbler from them a while before that and it was weeks coming. 

Before that I phoned the Newport store to ask if they had a certain ammo in (I forget what it was). I drove all the way over there to find they didn't.

They advertise things they simply don't have.

I would never buy anything from them again unless I was in the store with the item in my mitts. 

Edited by walshie

Neil your the one going to be messed around. I’m sure you told your dealer it’s for your sons birthday so if it ain’t in yet I’m sure he will understand you going elsewhere. Just buy some carts and bits off him so he don’t feel left out if it bothers you. 

Would your dealer be bothered if the gun don’t turn up and your sons birthday surprise don’t happen. Would he source one from some place else for you ?  Ask him talk to him about your concerns. If he is confident it will be here on time ask him if it’s late will you get it for free, you’ll see how confident he is then :lol::lol:

4 hours ago, figgy said:

Neil your the one going to be messed around. I’m sure you told your dealer it’s for your sons birthday so if it ain’t in yet I’m sure he will understand you going elsewhere. Just buy some carts and bits off him so he don’t feel left out if it bothers you. 

Would your dealer be bothered if the gun don’t turn up and your sons birthday surprise don’t happen. Would he source one from some place else for you ?  Ask him talk to him about your concerns. If he is confident it will be here on time ask him if it’s late will you get it for free, you’ll see how confident he is then 

????????

On 10/05/2018 at 18:51, hawkfanz said:

like swinton says ive just looked on guntrader and there is one new adult/youth combo and one used adult/youth combo i would order one of those rfd it and cancel other one.hope you get it in time neil your lad will be pleased theyre great little guns.

On 12/05/2018 at 14:53, walshie said:

SGC kept saying my gun was "in the country" was "being proofed" etc etc. You name an excuse and they used it. I bought one elsewhere after many months and they still haven't phoned me to say they got the gun in.  

I bought a case tumbler from them a while before that and it was weeks coming. 

Before that I phoned the Newport store to ask if they had a certain ammo in (I forget what it was). I drove all the way over there to find they didn't.

They advertise things they simply don't have.

I would never buy anything from them again unless I was in the store with the item in my mitts. 

I've had the order on the gun cancelled at sportsmans got one in a shop a good hour and half away so hopefully have a drive down there on Friday morning and get that then should put my mind at rest.?

On 5/12/2018 at 14:53, walshie said:

Needed some E clips for my SIGs bolt, tiny little things that come off occasionally (common SIG 522 problem)

SGC being a SIG dealer, ordered off them.
'How many do you want sir? - Me. Ill have 5 please, they cant be expensive'
£7.50 and another £7.50 p+p!!. You what ! cant you just pop them in an envelope?
OK Ill get them ordered.Be a few weeks Sir.

5 months later and  4 phone calls to enquire whats happening 'We will call you back' (never happened)
We cant get them for you, SIG hasnt sent them ?!
Ill have my money back then, Ill do it straight away Sir, (hasnt happened as yet)

Measured clips and ordered 100 off a UK firm for £5 , sorted.

I did consider putting the refund towards a scope they have (supposedly) in stock.
Then thought, nah .

5 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Needed some E clips for my SIGs bolt, tiny little things that come off occasionally (common SIG 522 problem)

SGC being a SIG dealer, ordered off them.
'How many do you want sir? - Me. Ill have 5 please, they cant be expensive'
£7.50 and another £7.50 p+p!!. You what ! cant you just pop them in an envelope?
OK Ill get them ordered.Be a few weeks Sir.

5 months later and  4 phone calls to enquire whats happening 'We will call you back' (never happened)
We cant get them for you, SIG hasnt sent them ?!
Ill have my money back then, Ill do it straight away Sir, (hasnt happened as yet)

Measured clips and ordered 100 off a UK firm for £5 , sorted.

I did consider putting the refund towards a scope they have (supposedly) in stock.
Then thought, nah .

Bloody hell Not may good reviews on them like??

As said before, unless they sell stuff they don't have in stock. I'm after a certain NV scope and everywhere is out of stock. SGC had theirs listed as in stock and a 2 day delivery. Rather than just order it online and be disappointed like my other dealings with them, I phoned them to confirm they had said item in their hands so I could go and collect it and they said no, it will be the end of June before they come in.

Borderline fraud?

Edited by walshie

1 hour ago, walshie said:

As said before, unless they sell stuff they don't have in stock. I'm after a certain NV scope and everywhere is out of stock. SGC had theirs listed as in stock and a 2 day delivery. Rather than just order it online and be disappointed like my other dealings with them, I phoned them to confirm they had said item in their hands so I could go and collect it and they said no, it will be the end of June before they come in.

Borderline fraud?

not even borderline, they had £150 of mine for 6 months, multiply that by a few thousand orders..then work out the interest

My mate wont even go in the shop any more. Hates them with a passion .

We were driving past and i wanted to just have a mooch in the shop (its big and has a LOT of stuff. ) he sat in the car in the far corner of the car park. 

I left with nothing after 5 mins. 

So on that visit i looked at the airguns .and this bsa ultra jsr  was being held in the racks by shoving a steel rod down the barrel and knackering the crown on this brand new gun. 

It was a good price. But not for a gun they effectively made useless .

Beggars belief 

IMG_20180515_190605.jpg

On 10/05/2018 at 18:51, hawkfanz said:

Finally picked it up today looks ideal I'm going to be chomping at the bit more than him to get it out ..can't wait to see his face on his birthday..?

20180518_124158.jpg

Your son will think your the best dad in the world.

I am curious now what the long black object is bottom left of the box, looks like a extended choke or barrel extension on the picture. You got plenty of kit with it.

Edited by figgy