Soybeans!

masmiffy

1 hour ago, kenholland said:

had some good shooting with that crop , the farmer though he would give it a try , but after the pigeons found it , he said never again , you would think it was flag day, the 3 fields were covered with them.

What did the pigeons do, exactly?

3 hours ago, TIDES EDGE said:

Good to hear all the banter  but to get back to masmiffy  original question  the answer is yes they will hammer it when it first comes up so good luck .

Strangely enough , we never do a lot of good once the Beans ( any Beans ) make an appearance above ground level , could well be a regional thing and what other crops are close by .

On 12 May 2018 at 09:44, JDog said:

One of the reasons why I wouldn’t get into Muncher’s first team, or even second team come to think of it, is that I rarely achieve better than 50 pigeons for 100 cartridges. I put that down to at least three reasons, firstly I do take on long birds, secondly I have a lot of second barrel kills (mostly at the afore mentioned long birds) and thirdly I am just not very good.

Don't do yourself down JDog. As Archie Coats used to say, 1 for 2 shots, or as he used to refer to it as 'half price' is a good average. I do agree that 477 for 526 does seem too good to be true though. I would like to achieve 50% but am quite happy with 1 in 2 to 3 when decoying but really don't make a habit of counting the empties when I get home and certainly not when roost shooting or flighting when 1 in 4 is more the order of the day. 

How often do we go out and think that we have rarely missed, only to find many empties at the end of the day. I know I have. I would like to achieve 'half price' on a regular basis but know that it's highly improbable.

OB

• 1 month later...