Wire fence question

treetree

Hi, 

Just trying to dog proof my new garden. There are concrete post in situ, with holes at various levels. I've run wire ( and tensioned it to the best of my ability) and secured both ends. 

My real question is what is the best way to now attach the actual wire fencing (a mesh 50mm chicken wire type) to the strained wires. Only thing I can think of is cable ties. Does an actual thing exist for this purpose? 

Many thanks

We did our place in France where this type of fencing is common.

firstly, get some proper tensioners for each end of the cable run, otherwise it’s never really going to look or perform right!

secondly, yes - little plier type devices which are either singular fed or with a little magazine/slide that takes a strip of what they overthere call ‘staples’ which are available either in the raw or plasticised.

Did around 500m of the stuff to try and keep the boar out but them ******* push through anything

We did our place in France where this type of fencing is common.

firstly, get some proper tensioners for each end of the cable run, otherwise it’s never really going to look or perform right!

secondly, yes - little plier type devices which are either singular fed or with a little magazine/slide that takes a strip of what they overthere call ‘staples’ which are available either in the raw or plasticised.

Did around 500m of the stuff to try and keep the boar out but them ******* push through anything

edit, just seen what Kennett posted from screwfix and the clips are identical

To be honest i'd just use 'tie wire' (thin wire either galv or plastic coated) and tie it up if not too far. Just use a pair of normal flat pliers to twist it or the end cutters are best if doing lots

It dosen't take long once u get in way of it, dome many 00's if not thousands of m''s of pheasant pens and security fences that way, and some security jobs spec wire to be tied rather than clipped

Hardly worth buying a special set of pliers that u'll never use again and usually the clips come in packs of 1000.

I prefer the clips (usually cl22?) over the hog rings always found them to be fiddly and slow.

U want a radisuer?sp for each plain wire to tighten them, if quite a short strech u can put it at 1 end but if a longer strech put it in the middle its easier pulled and u just tighten them with a spanner and use a 4" nail to hald it when finished,