Storage?

Iggy

As above really....?

As my collection grows (6 rifles now) I’m thinking more about storage...for many years they’ve been in their cases (with silica bags etc) either in a wardrobe or under the bed.

What do you guys do or recommend....I was thinking of buying a proper, locking rifle cabinet deep enough to accommodate the scopes - not just for a storage but also the security perspective although I appreciate it’s not a legal requirement. 

What is the ‘norm’ or is the there one?

Thanks all 

I only ever put mine in the cabinet if I'm away as I have to shuffle guns about. But if they were worth a few bob I'd certainly not hesitate to get a extra cabinet. Most of my kit is locked up one way or another apart from my air rifle. Stupid really.... but I can't justify the cost atm 

Sub-12s can be kept in a locked cupboard. Cabinets are obviously best practice though.

I ripped out a cupboard in my office, put a cabinet inside bolted to the wall, and generally converted the space into a place for all my gun stuff; and it's padlocked.

1 hour ago, countryman said:

I have a walk in wardrobe that is my little gun room. Licence guns are in the cabinet and my sub 12 air rifles are in an old glass cabinet that I converted to hold them. The main door to the room has a lock on it as well. 

Perfect.

I bought a "home-built" gun cabinet from Wabbitbosher, which, because it has an external hinge, would not have been accepted by some FEO's, but is perfect for keeping my air-rifles out of view of the grandchildren.