A 'pretend' day of fun

Walker570

I was invited to take part in one of these 'pretend' driven days yesterday in the fabulous countryside of the Lincolnshire Wolds. The folds in the ground made for some excellent clays and I had my trusty 410 with me and was delighted to see three others shooting the same gauge. The organisers had provided a slab of cartridges along with a superb breakfast, elevensie's,  superb picnic lunch and a full blown sitdown meal afterwards. Brilliant.  The cartridges provided where Eley 2 1/2 inch 6s so not I would have chosen but beggars can't be choosers and i was surprised how well they performed but I was glad I had put both full choke tubes in, which concentrated that 12,3 grams of pellets a little bit more.  A very pleasant day out, met old friends and made new ones ..I hope ...

Personally I would not want to do it more than once or twice a year and certainly not a week or so prior to the start of the real stuff on partridges as the technique of shooting clays and live birds is totally different I find.  However, if you do get a chance then try a day out if you have not already as it is good fun.