Problem

Walker570

Went to top up my AA S200 this morning with my Earnest Hill pump and it refused to maintain pressure. I have notice a couple of times when it got to almost working pressure it would jump back a bit but then settle down and get up to my normal max  180. Any ideas before I run into the shop tomorrow.?

Turned the pump release valve on and off a couple of times but no change.

4 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Went to top up my AA S200 this morning with my Earnest Hill pump and it refused to maintain pressure. I have notice a couple of times when it got to almost working pressure it would jump back a bit but then settle down and get up to my normal max  180. Any ideas before I run into the shop tomorrow.?

Turned the pump release valve on and off a couple of times but no change.

send bruno a pm, sounds like a seal

Wouldn't be that one that swam up to Harrogate or whereever would it ??????:lol::no::lol:

Couldn't resist that ...apologise

Thanks. I will run back to Solware tomorrow. I purchased both from them and they are always very helpful and only 10 minutes down the road.  I think you are probably correct and I need another small job doing to the rifle as well. My huge mitts tend to push the bolt handle up...the knuckle of my fore/trigger finger just contacts the ball so I am thinking of having a new brass handle and grinding the lower side flat which should give the clearance.

Called in at Solware and as always very helpful.  They found a loose connection on the pump and cleaned and refitted/tightened and it seemed to work. At least it was not the gun which was a relief.  Arrived home and proceeded to pump the rifle prior to a sit up for a magpie and as soon as the gauge hit 100 it 'deflated' if that's the word, anyway it would not pump higher. I reached down to disconnect the pump and felt a slight flow of air from the snap connector and low and behold that was where the problem lay. It only leaked at a certain angle.  30 seconds with a couple of spanners and all is well in the world.  I had taken that connector on and off a number of times and also did the guy at Solware but only when it lay as it did on my study floor did it leak just enough to prevent it holding pressure.  One of those maddening things which can send you mad.  AA S200 back up and looking for victims:yes::good: