Anyone remember Les325

eddoakley

Does anyone remember a member from here a few years ago Les325 (Lez325 maybe) ?

Was talking about him at the weekend and how he invited me and many others  (SteveB for one) to shoot over his permissions near Taunton.

His regular shooting partner and joint permission holder was Josh. I can't remember his name on here.

I know that Les suddenly stopped all of his shooting and I believe was going to concentrate on photography and I just wondered if anyone knows how it went as I after many, many outing shooting great numbers of rabbits and pigeons I never heard from him after he gave it up.

Anybody know him?

Edd

He did indeed work in plant/boiler room/maintenance for the nhs . 

He lost his "best" ground just a stone's throw from his door through an argument with a keeper. I was present and it was all pretty uncomfortable.

Nothing came of the argument but he sold all of his guns the same day.

I remember speaking to him shortly afterwards and he said that he would be posting photos on here but he disappeared.

That was some seriously good rabbitting ground!

Edd

the ground belonged to .the sherrif of somerset, i new his son chris, iv been in the big house,the owner is mitferdslade.me and my mate years ago used to go pigeon shooting there.and all the keepers there are a funny lot.one years ago said we could not shoot there, i said to him go to the big house and ask,all turned out ok.

On 17/05/2018 at 19:54, mossy835 said:

the ground belonged to .the sherrif of somerset, i new his son chris, iv been in the big house,the owner is mitferdslade.me and my mate years ago used to go pigeon shooting there.and all the keepers there are a funny lot.one years ago said we could not shoot there, i said to him go to the big house and ask,all turned out ok.

This particular keeper was new. He was quite a young lad and hadn't been there very long. There had, as I remember already been a couple of incidents involving the keeper and his mates driving around the ground using shotguns from the back of a truck. I don't know exactly how accurate it was when Les said that they didn't have permission and that only he did.

The time that I was there we had apparently walked through the middle of the second drive of the day while the guns were getting organised at the first.

The keeper expressed his displeasure and a few words were exchanged, things were said that definitely shouldn't have been and everyone left. Les sold all of his guns within hours.

I think I only ever spoke to Les once after that.

Edd

there was a young under keeper that worked there .i was out shooting on one of my farms and a young lad and his brother was out there walking round with a gun, this was 3 miles away, i walked up to him and said what are you doing here,you should not be here and told him to go,he said he worked for mitferdslade,as a under keeper.and i could go out there shooting, i did not go.i wonder if it was the same boy.any way he did not have the right to be on the farm .i told the farmer about him, he said no kick him off, i said that i  did,never saw him again.iv not seen les at all now,