Anyone seen this....

WelshAndy

A bit meaningless really unless the ‘employee’ is willing to identify himself. It could be Chris Packhams best mate for all we know.

If you’re willing to put your own livelihood in jeopardy why hide your identity? Seems a little strange to me. 

I'm staggered you can get away with interviewing an actor playing the part of someone based on a transcript with no provenance whatsoever!

that could literally be anyone at all saying whatever they like

we should do our own with an actor playing the part of Packham based on transcripts of a conversation we have imagined

56 minutes ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

I'm staggered you can get away with interviewing an actor playing the part of someone based on a transcript with no provenance whatsoever!

we should do our own with an actor playing the part of Packham based on transcripts of a conversation we have imagined

I can’t believe there isn’t some level of scrutiny above these idiots saying “is this evidence credible?” 

I mean really? Someone must be asking that? 

Which brings the question, perhaps it was actually said? But by whom? Could be a LACS supporter making it all up, wouldn’t be surprised! 

Well the CPS quite rightly have major reservations about taking anything to court, based on this sort of anonymous, unreliable 'evidence' provided via a biased source!....because they are merely unsubstantiated allegations! And as such carry no evidential value!

Well in that case BASC or similar organisation should be challenging the organisations legally for slander etc, if they want to make allegations like that they should provide concrete evidence... 

without challenging them itll juat get worse and worse 

11 hours ago, Scully said:

A bit meaningless really unless the ‘employee’ is willing to identify himself. It could be Chris Packhams best mate for all we know.

If you’re willing to put your own livelihood in jeopardy why hide your identity? Seems a little strange to me. 

11 hours ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

10 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

I can’t believe there isn’t some level of scrutiny above these idiots saying “is this evidence credible?” 

I mean really? Someone must be asking that? 

Which brings the question, perhaps it was actually said? But by whom? Could be a LACS supporter making it all up, wouldn’t be surprised! 

9 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Well the CPS quite rightly have major reservations about taking anything to court, based on this sort of anonymous, unreliable 'evidence' provided via a biased source!....because they are merely unsubstantiated allegations! And as such carry no evidential value!

8 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Well in that case BASC or similar organisation should be challenging the organisations legally for slander etc, if they want to make allegations like that they should provide concrete evidence... 

without challenging them itll juat get worse and worse 

Yes indeed, come on BASC.

7 hours ago, Longbower said:

Anonymous testimony   = not worth the tape it was recorded on.

Whilst I agree with all of your points, it is unfortunate that this sort of thing will generate publicity for the anti's and that will just lead to it being believed by those that want to.

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Whilst I agree with all of your points, it is unfortunate that this sort of thing will generate publicity for the anti's and that will just lead to it being believed by those that want to.

That is the problem, fact versus public emotion driven by deliberate misinformation and lies! Unfortunately ignorance will always choose emotion!

13 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

That is the problem, fact versus public emotion driven by deliberate misinformation and lies! Unfortunately ignorance will always choose emotion!

This is a problem in Derbyshire at the moment - our old "friends" the RSPB are calling for licencing of grouse shoots in the dark peaks because persecution of raptors by grouse moor operators there are few peregrines and goshawks in the area whereas they are plentiful in the white peak completely (and I feel deliberately)  omitting to mention that these are two completely different habitats.

the white peaks being limestone plateau cut with steep sided dales (peregrine country)  and wooded shallower dales (goshawk country)

The dark peak being high level peat on gritstone moorland completely unsuited to either species,

As expected good old auntie beeb omits the facts and gives this prime time coverage in the region.

Let me get this straight.

Packham has interviewed said individual on tape, then to preserve anonymity for said individual , used an actor to re enact the best bits of the interview?
Then blacked out the actor to preserve HIS anonymity, why ? Hes the actor surely ?
The fact Packhams probably made it all up in the first place is neither here nor there, I would expect nothing more from him.

The problem with our conservationist 'friend' is that people who have no interest, or have rarely set foot in the countryside, lap up his misinformed BS.
And the BBC obviously fully support it.
The man is several sandwichs short of a packham !

saw the end of "through the key hole" last week, it was showing a house in France, set in lovely Countryside. Turned out it was packhams, i wonder if he makes as much fuss and noise about shooting and hunting when he's over there given how much more support they have.

On 15/05/2018 at 09:42, Yellow Bear said:

This is a problem in Derbyshire at the moment - our old "friends" the RSPB are calling for licencing of grouse shoots in the dark peaks because persecution of raptors by grouse moor operators there are few peregrines and goshawks in the area whereas they are plentiful in the white peak completely (and I feel deliberately)  omitting to mention that these are two completely different habitats.

the white peaks being limestone plateau cut with steep sided dales (peregrine country)  and wooded shallower dales (goshawk country)

The dark peak being high level peat on gritstone moorland completely unsuited to either species,

As expected good old auntie beeb omits the facts and gives this prime time coverage in the region.

Not likely to get the unbridled truth from the BBC, RSPB or RSPCA as they have discovered that bull dung baffles brains nearly every time and keeps the coffers well topped up too? Win, win. Kerching.

In respect to the two so called charities It would maybe refocus their objectives if the protective status was removed?

18 hours ago, Mice! said:

saw the end of "through the key hole" last week, it was showing a house in France, set in lovely Countryside. Turned out it was packhams, i wonder if he makes as much fuss and noise about shooting and hunting when he's over there given how much more support they have.

That’s a fair point....I wonder. 

Just one bit that sticks out about this video to me is right at the end where he says shooting all the rabbits  to keep the foxes away,  any under keeper would know this wouldn’t work as the fox probably is munching the pheasants or  The  grouse  anyway  foxes are opportunists are they not anything for an easy meal,  just a thought regards fs1