Plant Killer?

phaedra1106

Had my front gardens weed killed and covered with liner and gravel, unfortunately Postman Pat kept walking over it until I got a fence put up and must have split the lining.

I've now got clumps of the odd daffodil and what I'm told are Spanish Bluebells.  Pulling them out they have a bulb on the bottom.

I thoroughly covered every thing with Glyphospate but they're back again this year.  Gave the Bluebells etc. another coat of it and doesn't seem to have done them any harm.

Short of a small tactical nuke what can I use to kill everything off?

Edited by phaedra1106

If you don't wish anything at all to grow, try a solution of water softener salt and water. A bag of salt costs about £4 and can cover a very large area. This will kill off and prevent anything growing for at least 2/3 years, depending on the natural dilution rate due to rain fall. I do this to my block paving drive and rear patio every two years and never have any weeds whatsoever, not even moss. Have to be careful if it seeps into nearby flower beds as it will kill all plants. I picked this up from The Salutation garden in Sandwich, Kent which had to be completely replanted when the River Stour bursts its banks and flooded the garden with salt water. The topsoil down to a depth of 18 inches had to be completely replaced in order for anything to be replanted. Of course, no garden centre will advise of this as they would rather sell more expensive and less permanent weed killers.

Well worth a try. I was surprised how quick and permanent it was.

OB