Palestine

scouser

9 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Totally agree, there were women and children getting shot 700 metres back from the line.

Israel says it was self defence!!!!! 

9 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Totally agree, there were women and children getting shot 700 metres back from the line.

& These women took their kids to a front line to sunbathe?

One friend talks about Palestinian children being shot by Israeli aggressors, another suggests that when a 6ft2in 17 yr old throws a half brick followed by a petrol bomb at you, the correct response is to shoot them.

I know the idf have been using fully moderated 10/22's to shoot .22lr into the lower body/legs of rioters who throw stones at their soldiers, which sounds severe until you think about the damage a brick can do when thrown at your head. I like the idea that if I had to stand in line as a big green target, my opponent's aim would be spoilt by the idea they might stop a .22 any moment

Palestine and the rest of the Arab world can afford to lose many battles in their war. Israel cannot afford to lose one.

Moshe Dayan (long time ago).

I'm no fan of many Israeli's (or their propaganda machine) but they have a right to defend their country.

PS Absolute favourite quote of Mr Dayan (allegedly lifted from some wall near Hereford)..."it is not above the realms of reason for a human being to eat **** in order to survive. Just don't expect me to forgive the feeder". ?

Edited by Eyefor

3 hours ago, Vince Green said:

You realise that's anti-semitic? 

I wish I was kidding! South Carolina, through a real back-door in state legislative powers, has deemed criticism of the state of Israel in public schools to be anti-semitic. https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/05/critics-denounce-south-carolina-anti-semitism-law-180513113108407.html

It's desperate. There are still persistent reports of undercover Israeli operatives inciting violence in protests to give the justification to shoot. so much unconfirmed.

Edited by chrisjpainter

11 hours ago, guzzicat said:

Im not so sure about sunbathing, and I really dont agree with taking children into areas of conflict, but seriously ?
Do you know much about Gaza?

8 hours ago, tx4cabbie said:

One friend talks about Palestinian children being shot by Israeli aggressors, another suggests that when a 6ft2in 17 yr old throws a half brick followed by a petrol bomb at you, the correct response is to shoot them.

I know the idf have been using fully moderated 10/22's to shoot .22lr into the lower body/legs of rioters who throw stones at their soldiers, which sounds severe until you think about the damage a brick can do when thrown at your head. I like the idea that if I had to stand in line as a big green target, my opponent's aim would be spoilt by the idea they might stop a .22 any moment

Really ?
Is that what happens when we have riots here, or France, the US ?
Israel plays by a completely different set of rules, rules that no one seems willing to challenge.

The Syrian government gets ACCUSED of a chemical attack that kills 41 people ( gone a bit quiet with the investigation now ?) and gets 100 cruise missiles thrown at it, and continued attempts at 'regime change'
Israel kills 60 and wounds thousands in cold blood, on one day 'defending itself' and the odd murmur gets heard.
All I can say is , its a good job the Gazans didnt have any guns on show, the IDF would probably have carpet bombed them.

And as for using 10/22 s , why ?
They couldnt give a flying fig what injuries or deaths are caused, they are all 'justified' according to the IDF.
The Palestinians  use slingshots at targets 200 yards away, and a smoking tyre as cover, the Israeli soldiers giggle as they place bets on where they are going to shoot them from their bunkers.

4 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Im not so sure about sunbathing, and I really dont agree with taking children into areas of conflict, but seriously ?

Really ?
Israel plays by a completely different set of rules, rules that no one seems willing to challenge.

The Syrian government gets ACCUSED of a chemical attack that kills 41 people ( gone a bit quiet with the investigation now ?) and gets 100 cruise missiles thrown at it, and continued attempts at 'regime change'
Israel kills 60 and wounds thousands in cold blood, on one day 'defending itself' and the odd murmur gets heard.
All I can say is , its a good job the Gazans didnt have any guns on show, the IDF would probably have carpet bombed them.

They couldnt give a flying fig what injuries or deaths are caused, they are all 'justified' according to the IDF.
The Palestinians  use slingshots at targets 200 yards away, and a smoking tyre as cover, the Israeli soldiers giggle as they place bets on where they are going to shoot them from their bunkers.

No doubt there is good and bad on both sides but Israel and Israelies should be ashamed of their actions. If we can work towards peace in Northern Ireland then so can the Israelies.

11 minutes ago, oowee said:

No doubt there is good and bad on both sides but Israel and Israelies should be ashamed of their actions. If we can work towards peace in Northern Ireland then so can the Israelies.

I get the impression that Israel doesnt care one bit whos ashamed or disgusted with what they do to Palestinians.

Do they even want peace ?
For every person they gun down, theres a family vowing revenge, every child maimed, theres another group of people , and not just muslims, around the world who think Israel is criminally bang out of order.
Are the Israelis bothered ? No.

I watched an IDF officer justifying the shootings, he said every bullet was accounted for, and neutralised a 'threat'
A bare faced lie.
But it doesnt matter, Israel does what it wants, and no one challenges them for fear of anti semitism, a term weaponised by Israelis and Jews worldwide.
Its a total embarrassment  to ours and other western governments for not condemning it out of hand, Im sure the UN will do a strongly worded statement on it shortly, but DO nothing as usual.

4 hours ago, oowee said:

Whilst I agree in principal I would add it takes 2 to tango and with all the "extreme" Arab states winding up the Palestinians to riot at the slightest excuse peace is unlikely  unless Israel "in effect" evacuates it people.

There will never be peace in the middle east, the Israeli,s will never let anyone threaten them as it,s only 70 years since 6 million died in the Holocaust .The Palestinians will never stop fighting as when the Muslim world took Jerusalem from the crusaders it became theirs and two world wars later the western powers imposed their view on what the middle east map should look like without any input from the people who actually lived there leaving this festering mess .

Trump has fanned the flames with this embassy farce ,flames that were smouldering ,now the whole region has turned in on itself.God help us all this mess will escalate 

On 15/05/2018 at 22:09, scouser said:

Just watched al jazera news, I admit it’s Arab owened, when you look into it the west has got a lot to answer for,snipers against civilians,no wonder they hate us.

Perhaps the Israelis are getting fed up with Hamas rockets being fired into their civilian settlements? 2 sides to every story!

On 15/05/2018 at 22:24, guzzicat said:

Exactly! And Hamas were orchestrating the "peaceful" demo! And we all know what they are about!

On 16/05/2018 at 01:46, chrisjpainter said:

You realise that's anti-semitic? 

I wish I was kidding! South Carolina, through a real back-door in state legislative powers, has deemed criticism of the state of Israel in public schools to be anti-semitic. https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/05/critics-denounce-south-carolina-anti-semitism-law-180513113108407.html

It's desperate. There are still persistent reports of undercover Israeli operatives inciting violence in protests to give the justification to shoot. so much unconfirmed.

And there,s me thinking it,s Corbyn, Livingstone and Chakrabbati  doing the inciting! As usual, no proof to these allegations!

On 16/05/2018 at 09:45, Rewulf said:

Really ?

The Gazans might not have many guns, but apparently they have plenty of rockets, which they fire into Israeli civilian settlements on a regular basis......and which those of an anti-Israeli inclination fail to mention.............

On 16/05/2018 at 15:01, Rewulf said:

I get the impression that Israel doesnt care one bit whos ashamed or disgusted with what they do to Palestinians.

Do they even want peace ?
For every person they gun down, theres a family vowing revenge, every child maimed, theres another group of people , and not just muslims, around the world who think Israel is criminally bang out of order.
Are the Israelis bothered ? No.

I watched an IDF officer justifying the shootings, he said every bullet was accounted for, and neutralised a 'threat'
A bare faced lie.
But it doesnt matter, Israel does what it wants, and no one challenges them for fear of anti semitism, a term weaponised by Israelis and Jews worldwide.
Its a total embarrassment  to ours and other western governments for not condemning it out of hand, Im sure the UN will do a strongly worded statement on it shortly, but DO nothing as usual.

"weaponised"..................? Straight out of Lagy Nugees hanbook........

10 hours ago, pinfireman said:

The Gazans might not have many guns,

?Plenty of slingshots though, very dangerous at 300 yards those arab slingers.

but apparently they have plenty of rockets, which they fire into Israeli civilian settlements on a regular basis

Definitely, thousands of Israelis are killed every year from the multitude of rockets fired from EVERY Gazans back yard, NOT.

and which those of an anti-Israeli inclination fail to mention.............

If you think there is a lack of mention of hamas rocket fire in the news, or in the collective thought, well thats your opinion.
And if you think I am anti Israeli/Jewish/semitic you would be quite wrong, but then if you think 'weaponised' is the wrong word for the use of the anti semitism row. or would be 'Straight out of Lagy Nugees hanbook........'  ill have to leave it there.

You have no idea what youre talking about.

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

?Plenty of slingshots though, very dangerous at 300 yards those arab slingers.

Definitely, thousands of Israelis are killed every year from the multitude of rockets fired from EVERY Gazans back yard, NOT.

If you think there is a lack of mention of hamas rocket fire in the news, or in the collective thought, well thats your opinion.
And if you think I am anti Israeli/Jewish/semitic you would be quite wrong, but then if you think 'weaponised' is the wrong word for the use of the anti semitism row. or would be 'Straight out of Lagy Nugees hanbook........'  ill have to leave it there.

You have no idea what youre talking about.

and that,s still twice as much as you!

I have a certain amount of empathy for the Palestinians. The Jews have taken the Palestinian land and colonised it by force over several years . They have demolished Palestinian homes and rebuilt their own homes on the site . No wonder the Palestinians are a tad upset .

I hate all the violence that goes on over there in the name of religion dear little children being killed for nothing . Unfortunately there will never be peace there because of the hate between the the Arabs and the Jews . 

Harnser

On 16/05/2018 at 15:01, Rewulf said:

Israel doesnt care one bit whos ashamed or disgusted with what they do to Palestinians.

Israel does what it wants, and no one challenges them for fear of anti semitism,

Couldn't agree more, especially after having been to the area a few years back.  We found Palestinian people to be open and friendly, but Israeli people rude and arrogant, only wanting to speak to you if they thought they could flog you something.    We've GOT to get away from the ''Israel can do no wrong'' sort of mentality.

I hated it when outsiders stuck their noses in here, so i will stay out of  Israel Palestine politics.

Fair comment. I genuinely don't know enough to pass meaningful judgement. Reading a few biased newspapers, seeing biased TV reports or a swift visit to the area doesn't seem enough for a genuine opinion, on a very complicated matter.