Converting 12 to 20 gauge subs?

Hi all been awhile since I've been around and I'm after some more advice.

so hopefully over the next few days I'll be picking up a 20 gauge mossberg hushpower. Like any excited lad I'm going to want to put tons of carts through it but the price seems very high which is annoying on a very tight budget. 

I own a lee loadall in 12 gauge and was going to try to get it converted to 20 for homeloading some shells. My question is could I empty the components out of cheap 12bore carts(£4.50 a box) in order to reload some 20gauge subs? 

Also anyone know the cheapest place to pick up a 20gauge conversion kit from?

thanks guys much appreciated 

darren 

Motty, would it still go badly for me using the the press to put a lighter powerer and shot load in of the right weight? I the press came with all the different size things. I've heard the 20 is the best all round hushpower out of the 3. I'm sure I found wads online for £13 for 500? I'm extremely new to the reloading thing so all the advice is much appreciated 

Awesome thanks for the link.

Guest cookoff013
6 hours ago, Dazv said:

Hi all been awhile since I've been around and I'm after some more advice.

so hopefully over the next few days I'll be picking up a 20 gauge mossberg hushpower. Like any excited lad I'm going to want to put tons of carts through it but the price seems very high which is annoying on a very tight budget. 

I own a lee loadall in 12 gauge and was going to try to get it converted to 20 for homeloading some shells. My question is could I empty the components out of cheap 12bore carts(£4.50 a box) in order to reload some 20gauge subs? 

Also anyone know the cheapest place to pick up a 20gauge conversion kit from?

thanks guys much appreciated 

darren 

no. you cant scavenge all components and re-use them in a different gauge. the only component you can scavenge sucessfully is lead. 

find a subsonic recipe fir that dedicated gauge, buy those exact components and reload, shoot and repeat as nessa

1 hour ago, Dazv said:

Edited by cookoff013

• 2 weeks later...