Red Ken and anti Semite comments

scolopax

Now much as I take pleasure in seeing the Labour party, especially its Left wing, tear itself apart, and as much as I dislike Ken Livingstone, I do not see how the comment which I understand got him suspended was anti Jewish, if it was factually true?

If it was an accurate statement of fact..ie "That Hitler originally wanted them to have their own homeland before he went mad and killed six million people " etc, then it does seem to be a complete witch hunt if all he did was state an historical truth.

But then that career bleeding heart Shami Chakrabarti, ex Liberty, now of the the Lords (!) is now sticking the boot into him

Edited by scolopax

True Scopalax ,Adolf the mad did want to deport them all to Madagascar for some insane reason ,but Liebour infighting means theyre attacking each other instead of lying to the gullable so they,l vote liebour and thats no bad thing

The Labour party in the guise of the Trade Union Movement had some viscious  anti Jewish policies in the past. Before the West Indians and Indian/ Pakistani influx in the 60s,70s and 80s, Jews were the immigrants that everybody hated.

Jews could not get jobs in the Post Office, on the Railways and in many unionised industries because the unions openly operated a closed shop against them. That is conveniently forgotten today. 

I do not wish this post to be seen as either anti Semitic, or racist; it is not intended to be either.

The Jews have always tended to be an industrious and hard working group in society, and have also traditionally been 'savers' - and have been well represented in the financial sector.  A number of such families/dynasties have been very successful over a large number of years and become both very wealthy and powerful. 

This success, wealth and power is greatly resented by many, and has been a very easy point on which various thoroughly unpleasant regimes have levered that resentment to their advantages - including the 1930s Germany, and various other both left and right 'extremist groups'.  Look at the posters that appear at Momentum and similar gatherings blaming the Rothschild family/banking dynasty for all sorts of troubles.  The likes of Momentum, hard left trade unionists and the like get a lot of support when they rally people to 'rise up against' the banking dynasties that control the world.

The reality of course is that there are a number of other 'groups', Indians being an example who have also done very well by virtue of hard work - think Hinduja Brothers, Laski Mittal etc.  but it isn't as easy to use them as a focus of hate in quite the same way as the long standing bias of anti Semitism. 

My personal view is that hard work brings success - and certain cultures have a better culture of hard work than others.  This culture is to be admired and respected, not envied and hated.

Once again, no intention of offending anyone in the above post.

48 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I do not wish this post to be seen as either anti Semitic, or racist; it is not intended to be either.

The Jews have always tended to be an industrious and hard working group in society, and have also traditionally been 'savers' - and have been well represented in the financial sector.  A number of such families/dynasties have been very successful over a large number of years and become both very wealthy and powerful. 

This success, wealth and power is greatly resented by many, and has been a very easy point on which various thoroughly unpleasant regimes have levered that resentment to their advantages - including the 1930s Germany, and various other both left and right 'extremist groups'.  Look at the posters that appear at Momentum and similar gatherings blaming the Rothschild family/banking dynasty for all sorts of troubles.  The likes of Momentum, hard left trade unionists and the like get a lot of support when they rally people to 'rise up against' the banking dynasties that control the world.

The reality of course is that there are a number of other 'groups', Indians being an example who have also done very well by virtue of hard work - think Hinduja Brothers, Laski Mittal etc.  but it isn't as easy to use them as a focus of hate in quite the same way as the long standing bias of anti Semitism. 

My personal view is that hard work brings success - and certain cultures have a better culture of hard work than others.  This culture is to be admired and respected, not envied and hated.

Good post,

On 16/05/2018 at 23:05, Vince Green said:

The Labour party in the guise of the Trade Union Movement had some viscious  anti Jewish policies in the past. Before the West Indians and Indian/ Pakistani influx in the 60s,70s and 80s, Jews were the immigrants that everybody hated.

Jews could not get jobs in the Post Office, on the Railways and in many unionised industries because the unions openly operated a closed shop against them. That is conveniently forgotten today. 

Correct!

On 17/05/2018 at 13:35, JohnfromUK said:

Well said!

Livingston is a thoroughly nasty bit of work, who delights in stirring up trouble. He needs to be permanently removed from the Labour Party.

We all know that the Labour Party is totally against any antisemitism. They ruthlessly pursue any instance of antisemitism and totally ignore it.