T20 thermal scope

steve_b_wales

8 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, who makes that steve ? 4 screen types and 2 reticules, at 5 X out to 150 yards, i looked through a thermal unit a few weeks back was a hand held for buildings, interesting screen view.  

It's advertised as TP Logic, sold via Scott Country.

Just now, FreshFace said:

OPP

If you do a Goggle search on "Tory Pines Thermal Scope" there are a few videos, and from my brief read they appear to be very similar in spec's.

hello, thanks FF i did look at all the info, steve have a look on Aliexpress at this night vision unit, a WG 760, seems to be the same type or very similar. 

12 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

It's advertised as TP Logic, sold via Scott Country.

hello steve, note my info on the WG 760 from Aliexpress ?

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello FF maybe steve can put a link up from aliexpress as i not sure to do, there are 2/3 companies selling them, cheapest £266 plus uk bank charges

The only scopes I can see under the 'WG760' name are NV (Infra Red) scopes, not thermal.

I use thermal spotter xq38 and a ward addon. Although the thermal is a fantastic way of spotting it is never clear to identify exactly what the heat signatures are at distance. When it moves you can tell a lot clearer weather it is a hare fox etc. I did use a xq50 scope for a bit. Although the picture did look slightly better than my 38. We all agreed we would not be happy with quarry recognition at 200. So we use thermal spoters and ward/drone nv to shoot. I would very much doubt a budget would have clear enough picture to id quarry 

On 18/05/2018 at 19:43, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, thanks FF i did look at all the info, steve have a look on Aliexpress at this night vision unit, a WG 760, seems to be the same type or very similar. 

hello steve, note my info on the WG 760 from Aliexpress ?

This is the one that cheeky chap Clive Ward is trying to knock out to punters for around £600. You have to admire the nerve.

1 minute ago, mick miller said:

This is the one that cheeky chap Clive Ward is trying to knock out to punters for around £600. You have to admire the nerve.

hello mick, oh well i might take a chance with aliexpress then, need to find out if any import duty and vat, i know from the USA you get charged but not sure on china, cheers

On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 19:26, mick miller said:

Hello, Mr Miller long time no speak, i hope you are well, I have ordered the WG760 nv addon  for  nearly half the price

of clives product, just out of interest to see what they are like

atb brian

1 hour ago, happyshooter said:

Hello, Mr Miller long time no speak, i hope you are well, I have ordered the WG760 nv addon  for  nearly half the price

atb brian

Hi Brian. I'd be interested in hearing how the scope performs for you.

Steve.

2 hours ago, happyshooter said:

atb brian

hello, out of interest did you order off Aliexpress, ??

56 minutes ago, mick miller said:

Yes, me too. I think splatty is going to be selling them for around £340. Way better than Clive's substantially cynical mark up. 

hello, who is splatty ? when i looked at aliexpress the best price was $358 to $440, would clive be buying from manufacture or agent, before Alibaba i went to china to start a business, did not find companies easy to deal with, maybe better now, 

2 hours ago, mick miller said:

Yes, me too. I think splatty is going to be selling them for around £340. Way better than Clive's substantially cynical mark up. 

China is good for warranty to. Easy to send back with a fault and with luck you can avoid the import tax. Not like cynical Clive's customer service and warranty eh?

On 20/05/2018 at 19:26, mick miller said:

China is good for warranty to. Easy to send back with a fault and with luck you can avoid the import tax. Not like cynical Clive's customer service and warranty eh?

1 hour ago, oowee said:

To be fair, I've had some pretty good customer service from Chinese sellers in the past, batteries replaced without question, torches sent replacement FOC. But, let's be honest, paying £300 for a warranty does seem a tad steep and, I suggest, buying from splatty (UK custom rifle scopes) seems a better deal as you're only paying about £50 for the same level of support.

But, as with all things in life, you pays your money and you make your own choices. 

3 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, who is splatty ? when i looked at aliexpress the best price was $358 to $440, would clive be buying from manufacture or agent, before Alibaba i went to china to start a business, did not find companies easy to deal with, maybe better now, 

UK custom rifle scopes I believe. Sells the oriscape viewfinders we were all using before they became common knowledge.

Generally you don't need to go to China to order these things and the more you order the better the unit cost. Shipping can work out prohibitive on single items but, buy several, and it starts to become more economical. 

I used to buy the oriscapes from the manufacturer directly, several at a time but these days I'd just buy one or two from one of the UK resellers, it works out a little more expensive but not that much. 

Edited by mick miller

20 hours ago, mick miller said:

Yes David ,Ashley/splatty  is where my scope is coming from at £343-99p I should have it very soon

the first ten orders get it at the above price .

atb brian