Cartridge Collecting

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, HW95J said:

Would be interesting to see pattern tests with older cartridges (something of which many still exist e.g Grand Prix), then compare with the current versions. Has anyone done/seen anything like this? 

yes, would have thought with technological advances,  some improvement would have been made.

8 hours ago, HW95J said:

I've had inert cartridges confiscated and destroyed twice by RM. Muppets. Face to face is the only option I think

There is no legal status for inert cartridges, and no legal definition of what constitutes inert. This is a dangerous grey area for collectors of centrefire cartridges.

On 20/05/2018 at 11:16, wymberley said:

Anyone remember these?

002.jpg

001.jpg

Have carefully avoided one third of the cartridge circumference

I had a box of them, last seen somewhere in my garage last year! Now I cannot find them!  A pal in USA wanted the box for his collection..................

5 hours ago, pinfireman said:

I had a box of them, last seen somewhere in my garage last year! Now I cannot find them!  A pal in USA wanted the box for his collection..................

The shot size on mine says it all !!!

lucking cart 002.JPG

I was given a lot of 'old' (unsure on age but not that old IMO) cartridges. To be honest I was probably going to just use them. They're all French, I've held off using them in case there was anything of interest there. More than happy to put extra photos on if anything does look interesting.

IMG_9024.jpg

IMG_9023.jpg

On 28/05/2018 at 17:16, HW95J said:

What's the story with the plain white cartridges? 

As posted by other members.

However, I have them with a broad black War Departmet arrow and 'SG'.

Other plain ones were pale blue, again with the black arrow, but with a hole in the top card of the turnover.

As a 15 year old, in 1962, and an avid reader of the Firearms Act, in my father's 'POLICE LAW'*, I was quick to destroy them!!!

They were ex Home Guard 'LETHAL BALL'.

* Moriarty.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, thanks for a fascinating thread about a hobby I didn't know existed until a few weeks ago. My mate from our gun club collects roll turnover paper carts and is looking for certain ones, as I'm sure you all are!  If anyone has any to sell or swap (probably the uncommon ones) then please pm me and I'll pass on his mobile number.  Cheers, DD. 

• 1 month later...

some great pics in this thread ! I collect plastic Winchester AA cartridges if anyone has any for sale please message me ! im also looking for some gamebore patriots.  will buy single ones if I don't have them or will buy 250 500 or 100 AA trap 100 200 300 silver thunder blue light etc 

Edited by landyboy

On 20/05/2018 at 21:24, silver pigeon69 said:

Do any of you have any Cogswell and Harrison "Victor" cartridges(1902 ish)?? I would love a couple for the gun case.

I have a friend who is a collector and he is a member of a collecting club. They have regular meets where they buy/sell, mainly swap with people all over the country.

Do you know what the club is called? In the last month or so I've managed to pick a few more odds and ends up, really getting the bug for it now. 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Farmboy91 said:

Do you know what the club is called? In the last month or so I've managed to pick a few more odds and ends up, really getting the bug for it now. 

Thanks. 

United Kingdom Cartridge Club ( UKCC ) they have one of our meetings at Cavenham, where are you in Suffolk ?

8 minutes ago, hanky said:

United Kingdom Cartridge Club ( UKCC ) they have one of our meetings at Cavenham, where are you in Suffolk ?

Between Ipswich and Colchester, when do they meet next? I've googled that name in the past but couldn't seem to find anything? 

Cavenham is only the other side of bury to me, not too far. 

Edited by Farmboy91