Cartridge Collecting

4 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

Between Ipswich and Colchester, when do they meet next? I've googled that name in the past but couldn't seem to find anything? 

Cavenham is only the other side of bury to me, not too far. 

Next meeting will be in April at Folksworth nr Stilton Peterborough, I can send you the info for joining if you are interested think it is only £15 

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Farmboy91 said:

Do you know what the club is called? In the last month or so I've managed to pick a few more odds and ends up, really getting the bug for it now. 

Thanks. 

The one that Hanky quotes below.

22 minutes ago, hanky said:

United Kingdom Cartridge Club ( UKCC ) they have one of our meetings at Cavenham, where are you in Suffolk ?

Thanks

This is me so far, 

The top one is the collectors edition grand prix that came out a year or so ago

The next one down are plastic cased but both boxes are unopened, check out the £3.02 price tag lol 

Can't seem to find much info on the white cased ones with the HK on? 

Really liking the sellier and bellot especially the 10 pack. 

IMG-20190105-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20190105-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20190105-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20190105-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20190105-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20190105-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20190105-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20190105-WA0010.jpg

I do have a few other odd paper and plastic, a couple winchesters, a derek lee gunsmiths red leader, D&J game? 

Edited by Farmboy91

• 2 months later...
30 minutes ago, wisdom said:

Loving this thread really brings back memories.

hello, and me to wisdom, eley at £3 a box, shot loads of those S and Bs they were much cheaper. the Alphamax was the duck cartridge i used when i was in Chichester Wildfowlers, gun shop was in South Street Chichester

2 hours ago, Feltwad said:

Came across this box of 12 bore cartridges of Steve Smith of Newcastle -Upon -Tyne although later they were called the Setter , Also a box of 100 foreign  capped paper cases which  still  are found at some auctions

Feltwad

100_2493.JPG

100_2495.JPG

The Setter cases were not made by Steve Smith, The Setter is made by Bagnal & Kirkwood of Newcastle, previously known as W R Pape.

16 hours ago, Cartridge-collector2708195 said:

The Setter cases were not made by Steve Smith, The Setter is made by Bagnal & Kirkwood of Newcastle, previously known as W R Pape.

Correct my  mistake  should have said that  they  were trap and game with a setter on the case  

Feltwad

Does anyone have any information on and R. Rous of beyton, Suffolk? 

All I can find is a tiny bit online referring to it as 'The peoples mart' and 'cycle depot' and a small section in a book i have, and according to my old man he's dad used to work there. 

They were supposed to have cartridges with their name printed on the tube, has anyone seen one by chance? 

Thanks all

24 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

Does anyone have any information on and R. Rous of beyton, Suffolk? 

All I can find is a tiny bit online referring to it as 'The peoples mart' and 'cycle depot' and a small section in a book i have, and according to my old man he's dad used to work there. 

They were supposed to have cartridges with their name printed on the tube, has anyone seen one by chance? 

Thanks all

Rous I believe was an ironmonger. The firm sold cartridges under the name "Pheasant" (post 1925).

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I am giving away free to good homes, 3 X 12g cartridges to separate collectors at one of the replacement Catton rifle shoots probably at Royle Far?.

They are head stamped KENT. Plastic cases, the lettering as is usual fading. 67.5mm , No 5 shot, Both imperial and decimal shot weights 1 1/8 oz and 32 g.

Marked Rugeley Guns and Tackle. Staffordshire. From the Ray Probert era. Ray cremated 2014 and his ashes made into clay pigeons and blown in the wind.

Anyone? You need to show the relevant cert.

First come to preserve a bit of history!

PS, Flyboy1950, I have one for you

Edited by old man