• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

Left to right, 

Modern RWS 9mm, 36mm

Modern - ish Fiocchi 9mm, 34mm

Last two are stamped with the E headstamp measure 43mm 

Screenshot_20190717-101854.png

Thanks for taking the time to do this, looks like the older ones are actually longer! I wonder if these previously came in different lengths for different charges. Or if solid projectile ammo was more common?  As in attached picture I used my 9mm for the first time the other day and cases looked like they were significantly over-pressure once fired. Had to extract with pliers each time so only fired a few shots. It seems to have expanded to fit until the end where it's formed a neck. Before firing looked exactly like the example on far left of your image. Wondering what the issue is... 

9mmRF-Fired.jpg

No problem, I found 4 of the older style paper ones and they were all the same length. 

I thinking the same as London Best, pretty sure they whole paper part went along with the shot on the older one's, so im guessing it wouldn't matter if they were a bit longer. 

I wouldn't gave thought there was enough oomph in one to do any sort of damage, I'm sure someone on here will be able to give a definite answer though. 

29 minutes ago, London Best said:

Only got a few. Made the mistake of giving a collection away and starting again. Only do it casually, not mega seriously.

93EB0B21-59DF-488D-8444-432825BD1CFE.jpeg

F32A3A08-E886-4331-8866-4E60955691AC.jpeg

Nice! 

Thanks for sharing. 

All mine bar about half a dozen live in plastic storage boxes at the minute because I haven't got anywhere for them. 

I bought a box of eley gastight about 20yrs ago at the midland game fair in the antique tent for £10 ! 19yrs later they where still only worth £10 so when I was up the Brae last year I used em on the ducks coming in to the stubles and they worked great !  

I used to buy Red Rivals and Blue Rivals in the ‘60’s.   I can’t remember where, but it would be in Derby somewhere. I think it may have been from the old-fashioned ironmongers, Wallace’s.

There used to be an impressive confetti storm when you fired one!

Edited by London Best