Cartridge Collecting

3 hours ago, matone said:

Is this a Canuck ? Couldn`t get a good shot of the headstamp !

DSCF1063.JPG

DSCF1071.JPG

Yes, that is a Canuck for sure. Your shell was made in Montreal, Canada. This is what your head stamp should look like. I have seen other shells made in Canada that were being made for Great Britain gun manufacturers durring the 70's as well. I will see if I can find an example and share later if there is interest.

plastic 1.jpg

plastic 2.jpg

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Northernshot said:

Yes, that is a Canuck for sure. Your shell was made in Montreal, Canada. This is what your head stamp should look like. I have seen other shells made in Canada that were being made for Great Britain gun manufacturers durring the 70's as well. I will see if I can find an example and share later if there is interest.

plastic 1.jpg

plastic 2.jpg

Thankyou,that`s the headstamp !

25 minutes ago, London Best said:

As a casual cartridge collector/Holland and Holland enthusiast I would love to find one of those!

It is unfortunate we are so far away. I would have traded for another English shell of interest. I think I probably have a couple of these in my possession.

I have always looked for English paper shells when I was growing up and going to the gun shows with my dad. He was looking for English doubles at the shows, and with my paper route money, I would pick up a few cartridges each time I went. The good old days.

39 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

@Northernshot do you have many smaller loaders over there or cartridges that were loaded up by larger manufacturers with smaller shops names printed on? 

We see some from time to time, but not many that I can think of off hand. I'll look through some of my shells later and see if anything pops out you might like to see..

37 minutes ago, Northernshot said:

We see some from time to time, but not many that I can think of off hand. I'll look through some of my shells later and see if anything pops out you might like to see..

Thanks, i love items that have come from an independent shop etc. Nice thinking that you have a little peice of history in your hands and there's probably not that many if any left.

15 minutes ago, London Best said:

A very kind offer but unfortunately not practical in this day and age. Even face to face would cause problems at the airport!

Can you imagine, even covid-19 aside trying to explain you were meeting at an airport to swap shotgun cartridges 😂

2 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

Thanks, i love items that have come from an independent shop etc. Nice thinking that you have a little peice of history in your hands and there's probably not that many if any left.

Can you imagine, even covid-19 aside trying to explain you were meeting at an airport to swap shotgun cartridges 😂

I have seen 'Eley - Hudson Bay' cartridges in the past (unfortunately I do not have any). There were also shells made for Sears Canada as well as the Eaton's Canada department stores.

Here is Eaton's own branding the 'EATONIA' that were only sold through the T.Eaton Co. 

Eatonia 1.jpg

Eatonia 2.jpg

Eatonia 3.jpg

12 minutes ago, Northernshot said:

I have seen 'Eley - Hudson Bay' cartridges in the past (unfortunately I do not have any). There were also shells made for Sears Canada as well as the Eaton's Canada department stores.

Here is Eaton's own branding the 'EATONIA' that were only sold through the T.Eaton Co. 

Eatonia 1.jpg

Eatonia 2.jpg

Eatonia 3.jpg

That box is gorgeous.

9 minutes ago, archi said:

I have an unopened slab if 250 eley fourlong paper cased 410 cartridges

is there much of a value for these?

Unfortunately we don’t allow valuation threads,

Think of a price you would be happy with and put them in the sales section.

If this turns into a bidding type post then yours will be removed.

:shaun:

On 03/06/2020 at 23:04, Northernshot said:

I have a couple Eley Gastight shells that have Curtis's & Harvey's 'Diamond Powder' being advertised on the case. Does anyone know the age of these. I was thinking about 1910?

Eley Gastight Diamond 1.jpg

Eley Gastight Diamond 2.jpg

Eley Gastight Diamond 3.jpg

Can't seem to find that headstamp, although the London ones I can find are atleast 100 years old.

6 hours ago, Northernshot said:

Just going through some of my brass and found a Boss & Co. top wad on one.

Boss 1.jpg

Boss 2.jpg

Boss 3.jpg

This one is 1924-1927