Cartridge Collecting

Just now, Farmboy91 said:

From what I've read elsewhere it seems like you could actually made your cartridges pay for themselves back then too.

I was always told the stocking contained a lump of coal too 😂

Nay lad that was in the coal house, most of the stocking had holes in em !LOL

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi great looking at all the different cartridges , not a lot changed, new ones  still have fancy names . I wonder how many cartridges have been used in this country over the years. Thought I would show my first side by side (English) gun. I got the ammunition for it from the lady in the local chemist shop? . The local hardware store had old cartridges on display, they were probably threw away. It’s good to see people collecting cartridges.

image.jpg

image.jpg

23 minutes ago, Gas seal said:

Hi great looking at all the different cartridges , not a lot changed, new ones  still have fancy names . I wonder how many cartridges have been used in this country over the years. Thought I would show my first side by side (English) gun. I got the ammunition for it from the lady in the local chemist shop? . The local hardware store had old cartridges on display, they were probably threw away. It’s good to see people collecting cartridges.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nice collection you've got there 👍

Got a very similar wasp tin although in no where near as nice of condition as yours.

I think that’s the first time that the pellet tin was opened or the Eley 10gauge. Two cartridges are 24gauge and two are tin shot. The ammunition for the pop gun was medicine bottle corks. Don’t see any now. It’s good to see collections of cartridges . There must be thousands of brands all over the world. The local hobby shop, toy shop, sold the USSR cartridges from a safe behind their counter they had old boxes of cartridges in it. No doubt just thrown away. Worralls gun shop and pet store, long gone, he never spoke much the l think the parrots said more. Most of the time the cartridges writing had wore away and no one knew what they were.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a good haul recently. I know a RFD who works from home and he was aware of my passion for cartridges beginning with a W and ending in inchester so he got these for me from a collector who was liquidating a largely centrefire collection. 500 of each in excellent condition. From the 1990s I think.

win.jpg

win2.jpg

win3.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 10/12/2020 at 08:46, Lever357 said:

Had a good haul recently. I know a RFD who works from home and he was aware of my passion for cartridges beginning with a W and ending in inchester so he got these for me from a collector who was liquidating a largely centrefire collection. 500 of each in excellent condition. From the 1990s I think.

win.jpg

win2.jpg

win3.jpg

You done well there 👍

On 01/02/2021 at 15:04, Farmboy91 said:

You done well there 👍

Thanks Farm Boy,yes got a good deal on them. I've even used some!!!

I bought an auction lot a year ago as I could see some older Winchester boxes. When I picked them up I was disappointed to find none of the boxes were full, but there were other brands in the box and I got a nice surprise when I pulled this one out. A still sealed box of Eley Jackie Stewarts!!!! 

Someone had put at date stamp on the top of one of the Winchester boxes - 1969!!

eley.jpg

win.jpg

25 minutes ago, Lever357 said:

I bought an auction lot a year ago as I could see some older Winchester boxes. When I picked them up I was disappointed to find none of the boxes were full, but there were other brands in the box and I got a nice surprise when I pulled this one out. A still sealed box of Eley Jackie Stewarts!!!! 

Someone had put at date stamp on the top of one of the Winchester boxes - 1969!!

eley.jpg

win.jpg

That's a shame, although them other boxes look pretty good 👍

On 03/02/2021 at 10:48, Lever357 said:

eley.jpg

win.jpg

I have some of those Western Super X. Beautifully made shells.