Drill bits

Bigbob

I was building up a garden bench today and i got a loan of my sons Makita drill which was adequate for the job but the  screw driver bits where Work zone , And i struggled to put 60 mm and 80 mm screws in with out blurring the heads despite drilling it first ,

Is there better harder drill screwdrivers ?? 

1 hour ago, Bigbob said:

I was building up a garden bench today and i got a loan of my sons Makita drill which was adequate for the job but the  screw driver bits where Work zone , And i struggled to put 60 mm and 80 mm screws in with out blurring the heads despite drilling it first ,

Is there better harder drill screwdrivers ?? 

Are you blurring the screw heads? if so you don't need harder drill bits. You only need harder drill bits it they (bits) are braking.

Probably find you have the wrong type of bit (PZ or PH) or maybe wrong size bits (PZ1, PZ2 etc)

it will say on the screw box if they are PZ or PH. If you don't have the box take a pic of the head and post it on here.

10 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Milwaukee bits from Tool Station.

These, using them in a impact driver and seem to take more abuse than the deadicated ones for drivers.

failing that bosch ones seem to be forgiving on different types of head and its about the only good thing they make these days.