Royal wedding why should tax payers fund it

blackbird

The Queen is the wealthiest woman on earth, the royal family will fund the wedding this weekend but the security cost some 300 million will be payed for once again by us the good old tax payer, is it time we trim this royal family down from all the hangers on, That 300M would buy quite a few new ambulances for the NHS.

Guest stevo
45 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The Queen is the wealthiest woman on earth, the royal family will fund the wedding this weekend but the security cost some 300 million will be payed for once again by us the good old tax payer, is it time we trim this royal family down from all the hangers on, That 300M would buy quite a few new ambulances for the NHS.

Yawn ....

54 minutes ago, blackbird said:

But not as many ambulances as 500M!!!

According to an estimate by Britain's Office of National Statistics,  the royal wedding of Prince Harry to Meghan Markle could generate a substantial boost to Britain’s economy by about £500 million

Where did you get £300 million from??

Edit: Did Dianne Abbott give you that figure??

Estimates for just how much this Saturday’s royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will cost are all over the map, ranging from an optimistic budget of just $1.4 million upward to as much as $46 million.

Edited by silver pigeon69

Guest stevo
1 hour ago, blackbird said:

Yawn ....

you only have to take a look at  cost of NHS negligence claims over the past decade ( 1.6 billion )  , think your find a poxy wedding and the revenue it will return is MUCH better value for OUR buck 

https://www.ft.com/content/9a7c010a-9307-11e7-a9e6-11d2f0ebb7f0

Edited by stevo

7 hours ago, stevo said:

Yawn ....

you only have to take a look at  cost of NHS negligence claims over the past decade ( 1.6 billion )  , think your find a poxy wedding and the revenue it will return is MUCH better value for OUR buck 

https://www.ft.com/content/9a7c010a-9307-11e7-a9e6-11d2f0ebb7f0

+1

8 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Not more complaining! 

Perhaps the many times more revenue that the wedding brings into the country should go to them and they can pay the entire bill from that? 

+1

Two things here, should the Royal family be trimmed? Yes, why on earth are Sarah Ferguson and Mike Tyndall on the public expense list?

secondly, where have these magical 500M figures come from? How are they arrived at? It’s an awfully convenient number...

13 minutes ago, PPP said:

Two things here, should the Royal family be trimmed? Yes, why on earth are Sarah Ferguson and Mike Tyndall on the public expense list?

secondly, where have these magical 500M figures come from? How are they arrived at? It’s an awfully convenient number...

Sarah Ferguson and Mike Tyndall are not on the Sovereign Grant. 

It cost each taxpayer 65p a year to fund the royal family in 2017, less than the cost of a 1st class stamp. Money well spent I'd say. :yes:

Flipping Royals what did they ever do for us?

And while your at it fill all the Royal Palaces with the homeless, build on all the Royal parks, give the Royal land to prospective farmers, sell The Crown Jewels, ban all mention of the Royals in fact anyone with more money than the norm!

Yaaawn! I'd pay a but more in tax quite happily if required. 

7 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Yes you are right she only comes in @ no 329 wealthiest person in the UK.OMG now that did surprise me, not surprised now she is not paying for all this wedding she simply can’t afford it.

Much of the 'trappings', (Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle, the Crown Jewels, the Royal Collection etc.) are in fact the property of the State.  She is Head of State, but doesn't own it!

The Sovereign Grant (or whatever they call it these days) enables these State things to be run, looked after etc, so that we can carry out and if necessary host State occasions (such as visits of other foreign Heads of State, opening of Parliament, looking after Royal buildings etc.)

Much has been cut over the years (Royal Yacht, some letting of Crown estate buildings, limited use of private train and 'Queens flight' aircraft etc.)

The Queen owns Sandringham and Balmoral, but these are run such that the estates generate some income to (at least partially) support their maintenance.

I think the main Royals are very good value for money, and don’t envy their lifestyle at all.

I won’t be watching however as I’m off to Carrick this aft’ til Monday. No tv, no internet, no noise, no light pollution, no background hum of distant traffic;  just the sound of the birds and the waves lapping against the pebbles. Added bonus is I won’t know anything about the football either. ?

44 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

It'll be a good day to clear out the guttering and paint the soffits. ?

I'll be putting up the runner bean canes and planting a couple of rows of potatoes. I don't mind the Royals but haven't the slightest desire to watch the wedding.

4 hours ago, poontang said:

Sarah Ferguson and Mike Tyndall are not on the Sovereign Grant. 

It cost each taxpayer 65p a year to fund the royal family in 2017, less than the cost of a 1st class stamp. Money well spent I'd say. :yes:

I would happily pay £1.

32 minutes ago, Westward said:

I'll be putting up the runner bean canes and planting a couple of rows of potatoes. I don't mind the Royals but haven't the slightest desire to watch the wedding.

I will be building a new realease pen.