Royal wedding why should tax payers fund it

blackbird

It’s not the revenues from souvenirs- it’s local and not so local businesses from hotels to restaurants to whatever seeing a greater than normal amount of trade- every hotel in Berkshire and further afield is apparently booked up.

It’s also not just the monetary value that an event like this brings but also the community and world recognition for future tourist trade which well outweighs the costs for the event itself.

Guest stevo
35 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Who knows with having a yank in our royal family we could end up having a roller coaster or even splash mountain at Buckingham Palace ?

Nah I doubt it , we’ve had a Greek in the palace for years , yet I’ve never seen a kebab van parked outside ?

My wife, I and the youngest grand-daughters (they were wearing tiaras and waving flags) watched the wedding today.

I don't care what it cost and who paid for it - it was lovely and a true example of what we, as a country can do so well.

I thought that it was excellent.

I asked both the grand-daughters (3 and 5) if they wanted to marry Prince George - Nooo! Grandpa.

So that has saved me from being hounded by the press in 25 years time. ?

Edited by amateur

I missed the beginning as was out shooting but caught most of it.  I am not overly keen usually on watching such events but I have to say I really enjoyed it, she looked so beautiful in a very understated way and the service was more interesting.  The music and singing were superb and my favourite hymns to boot.  I truly hope they live a very happy life together.  I am glad we have had some distraction from other less pleasant events.

On 17/05/2018 at 22:39, blackbird said:

The Queen is the wealthiest woman on earth, the royal family will fund the wedding this weekend but the security cost some 300 million will be payed for once again by us the good old tax payer, is it time we trim this royal family down from all the hangers on, That 300M would buy quite a few new ambulances for the NHS.

Yawn!

At least the moneys staying in the country,if you have a gripe maybe foreign aid would be a good starting point,that would buy a few ambulances!

Edited by Bluebarrels

I dont see why we should fund any of it apart from the queen and a spare , its getting ridiculous now that all her children want there kids protected by the police 24 hours a day , Andrews kids have more holidays than i have dinners the police protection squad will be queing up to guard her something like 17 foreign holidays a year