Passport Photo I.D. Rant.

pigeon controller

Leading on from the previous rant I had to renew my passport recently and struggled to get the system to accept my current photo. After several attempts it was accepted and sent electronically . A few days later it was rejected and I was asked to resend and more realistic image. My son suggested that it may be the moustache that was confusing the system!!!!!! 

Has anybody else had a problem or was it a vendetta from Pigeon H.Q. 

Of of course it could have been disbelief that I was such a perfect specimen after seventy years?????

possibly the tache? We did ours a few weeks ago, the machine was stupid your face has to be in the circle but to see this and that your not smiling, showing teeth or hair is covering your face(not a problem for me ?) but getting the kids to look at a blank screen when there face is bottom right!!! Lots of fun.

24 minutes ago, pigeon controller said:

Leading on from the previous rant I had to renew my passport recently and struggled to get the system to accept my current photo. After several attempts it was accepted and sent electronically . A few days later it was rejected and I was asked to resend and more realistic image. My son suggested that it may be the moustache that was confusing the system!!!!!! 

Has anybody else had a problem or was it a vendetta from Pigeon H.Q. 

Of of course it could have been disbelief that I was such a perfect specimen after seventy years?????

Does this mean a delayed departure for warmer climate , or are you going latter this year?

My brother had his rejected as the lighting was considered inadequate. He used a photo booth at his local leisure centre and when he mentioned it to them they replied that quite a few people had had the same problem. The copies he had retained looked quite clear.

He had new ones done at Boots and they were accepted.

My missus just renewed her passport using the online service and the photo I took on the iphone was good enough to do the job, I suspect the photo booth is now in the dotage of its years.

It will of course take firearms licensing another decade or so to catch up and we will still be relying on folded up bits of paper when everything else is fully digital.

1 minute ago, grrclark said:

My missus just renewed her passport using the online service and the photo I took on the iphone was good enough to do the job, I suspect the photo booth is now in the dotage of its years.

It will of course take firearms licensing another decade or so to catch up and we will still be relying on folded up bits of paper when everything else is fully digital.

My picture was on the I phone and rejected but eventually submitted then rejected two days later.

3 minutes ago, pigeon controller said:

My picture was on the I phone and rejected but eventually submitted then rejected two days later.

Did they give you any reasons for the rejection?

I know they are fairly explicit about having a plain light coloured background and even lighting.  They work out a lot of facial biometric data from the photographs and if the lighting casts shadows or the like it is a problem.  Do you know if your last passport had a biometric chip in it?

1 hour ago, grrclark said:

Did they give you any reasons for the rejection?

I know they are fairly explicit about having a plain light coloured background and even lighting.  They work out a lot of facial biometric data from the photographs and if the lighting casts shadows or the like it is a problem.  Do you know if your last passport had a biometric chip in it?

They did say it had shadow on it , so I went out in the sun against a light sheet and the system accepted and then rejected two days later. I don't think I had a chip in my last one ten years ago.

Burton post office has a special passport foto booth and they check all for a fee and touch wood our last one,s went through ok .Dont know if it,s because we paid extra that there was no issue ,does Brummigum post office have such a system?

The pigeons tell me they,l help as they are relieved when they see your car heading down to Dover :lol:

5 hours ago, pigeon controller said:

They did say it had shadow on it , so I went out in the sun against a light sheet and the system accepted and then rejected two days later. I don't think I had a chip in my last one ten years ago.

If it is the first biometric one then they may be more particular about what they accept, frustrating all the same for you though.