Normal for Norfolk

muncher

Friday evening conversation with Motty went the usual way ,have you found any. I said I would be working untill after midday so go out and I will prehaps join you. Later that evening a farmer phoned to tell me about all the pigeons on his peas ,I explained that I would only be able to go late afternoon but I would try.i finished my work and managed to get to the field by around 1.30 Motty and my brother had found some elsewhere . I walked a few of the peas and I hoped to get a few to come back,but I wasn't expecting much. I set up under an oak tree against a dyke , two on the rotory and 8 shell decoys straight in front ,the light wind was mainly behind me . After a few minutes a customer came straight in and another and soon I had 20 on the ground. I phoned Motty to see how they were doing,and the battery and shots told the story they were doing quite well.i had several hectic spells and then lulls but with the birds coming form all directions I had to keep alert the bag kept building and I was over 50 at 3 o'clock. Pigeons kept decoying well but it had slowed down but I had reached 70 by 4.30 ,I decided I would give it until 5 and see , a sudden flury and I was near 90 so at five ,I made up my mind half an hour and pack up, at 5 .20 I had 103 . I packed up with a big smile on my face.

IMG_20180519_174249883.jpg
IMG_20180519_172409358_HDR.jpg

18 minutes ago, muncher said:

Title was more to do with presentation for Marshman.But my good run will end soon enough.

I am quite impressed muncher , those piles are some of the neatest I have seen and it just goes to show what respect us Norfolk boys have for the humble Columba Palumbus

As for Normal for Norfolk , it might well be for north of the county but down south our Peas are 2 / 3 inches high and at the moment the pigeons are showing very little interest in them , today I checked them all out and didn't see more than 100 on all the ones I looked at, hopefully things will improve when they get a little higher .

WELL DONE on another solo ton +

12 hours ago, marsh man said:

I am quite impressed muncher , those piles are some of the neatest I have seen and it just goes to show what respect us Norfolk boys have for the humble Columba Palumbus

As for Normal for Norfolk , it might well be for north of the county but down south our Peas are 2 / 3 inches high and at the moment the pigeons are showing very little interest in them , today I checked them all out and didn't see more than 100 on all the ones I looked at, hopefully things will improve when they get a little higher .

WELL DONE on another solo ton +

I have several pea fields on different farms ,but this is the only one getting any attention. 

11 hours ago, la bala said:

Quite a few in the area at the moment. A good day muncher.

Yes but they do seem localised,even some in big groups.