UPS lying driver.

fatchap

I ordered a 5ltr bottle of Acetone from Amazon last week, Checked the track package, and it was supposedly delivered on Wednesday, 16th By none other than Useless Parcel Service.

Now I do believe I was in all day on Wednesday the 16th as we are having work done and not a knock at the door or card put through the door.

Tracked the package via ups site and its at their barking facility awaiting collection as the driver failed to get a reply at the door what a shile of pite. Driver is one lying ***. I can safely say goodbye to that delivery. UPS customer service is located in the Philippines so Stephen will be of no help at all or care.  

UPS have pages and pages of bad reviews on yell, why do suppliers use them?

Thankfully Amazon Customer services came to the rescue and gave me a full refund.

My Hermes <should be herpes> driver launched our folding dinner table in a box over the back gate trashing the wifes penny farthing planter and 3 clay pots.So mr angry took several fotos of holed box,crushed planter and clay pot jigsaws and emailed the supplier with our "concerns" .After investigating the supplier said we were trying it on as honest driver type did no such thing???.Much searching of internot found their phone number and spoke to customer service manager pilock and explained did u look at time date location of said piccis .Yes only 10 minutes after beeep beep had cleared off .

Apology as sincere as J Corbyn and much grovelling later but that coloured my view of them ever since

2 hours ago, Jaymo said:

You will probably find the ‘Anti Terrorism’ mob knocking on your door soon having ordered that much Acetone!

I change my nail varnish colour 4 or 5 times a day. I get through quite a bit of acetone if i'm honest:yes:

Edited by fatchap

I had the same issue with Royal Mail when I ordered 750ml of shotgun spray oil.

According to they're scanner the parcel was delivered despite the wife and kids being in no sign of any parcel. The normal postie remembers sorting it for delivery but the new guy doesn't remember anything. 

After several phone calls and emails the upshot of their investigation was that it was delivered. So I guess my family are lying.

Fortunately the company sent me another gratis.

Is there any decent couriers out there ???

Yodel used to hold the title for me, but my recent UPS experience has put yodel now into 2nd place. As said above Hermes dont give a flying about your parcel, contents of parcel, your property, house, car on driveway etc. Annoys me when Hermes backs onto my driveway almost to the front door just to deliver a small box, the only courier company that does that. But at least they do card you and its filled in correctly ie left with next door or taken back to depot and will try again 2 more times.

Parcelforce are not too bad, never had a run in with them.

I have quite frequently had things marked as delivered on their website (not necessarily UPS, but parcel companies in general).  Usually, it is delivered next day.

They seem to mark things as delivered (targets to meet?) with no connection to actual delivery.  Recently Amazon has been using a service where you can track the van on a map.  Works quite well, but you can be told "the driver has two more deliveries to make before yours" only to have it change to "the driver has some other  ......" when he decides to go out of the scheduled order.

Edited by JohnfromUK

Some time ago I returned home to find  a card saying your delivery is behind the bin. Quite a surprise as I wasn't expecting anything. Behind the bin were four Amazon parcels. They were not for me but for an address in the next road. The street names are different and I live in a numbered house whereas the consignment was for a flat in an apartment block. I delivered the parcels.

I could have kept them and the recipient would have had to contact Amazon to say non delivery and Amazon would have said Oh Yes they were. Perhaps situations like this where the wrong recipient keeps the items could explain some of the non deliveries.

Where I live within the HA postcode there are three The Chases, three The Avenues, The Greenway and The Green way, plus Greenway without 'The' in front. I'm sure there are many other examples of duplication.

Most of the van drivers have very little English and do it all off a satnav 

By far the best experience I’ve had is with DPD. The worst Yodel, we had £1000 worth of nursery furniture dumped on our drive in the pouring rain, no card through the letterbox. Luckily wife’s mother was passing and saw all the boxes and let us know. When we got through to someone they told us the driver had left it in a safe place in our porch, we don’t have a porch. They even went on google earth to look. A few weeks of investigation later we were told the driver had been re trained! We did receive a few vouchers by apology.

I never have any trouble with any of them, delivering or collecting from me.

The Asian gentleman from Birmingham that tried to turn around in a swamp near my house was particularly amusing. He was still pleasant and polite and struck me as a decent person.

7 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Where I live within the HA postcode there are three The Chases, three The Avenues, The Greenway and The Green way, plus Greenway without 'The' in front. I'm sure there are many other examples of duplication.

Most of the van drivers have very little English and do it all off a satnav 

This is certainly true - and the UK has developed a bizarre house and road naming system that has the potential to confuse even the most careful delivery driver;

My house used many years ago to be the residence of a small estate/community, and was just called "Name"  (I have used 'name' in place of the real name)

Since various buildings have been added/converted, confusion arose and mine was officially renamed "Name House" about 40 years ago to differentiate it from the others with similar names.  There are also now "Name Farm", "No 1, Name Cottages" and "No 2, Name Cottages". 

The Council have also added road names (again names changed) that are confusing and have no physical road name signs - as I am in "Grange Lane", though nowhere near a house called "The Grange", which is actually in "Manor Lane", though also nowhere near "The Manor".  I am actually not far from "The Manor", though it doesn't feature in my address!  There are also only two postcodes covering the area, and they don't come up with any accuracy on Satnavs.  Houses are named, but some houses have either signs that are hard to see, or none at all.

It is not surprising that drivers get confused!

MyHermes 'delivered' a package to a friend of mine, at his factory unit on a Saturday (he's closed on Saturday) and it was 'signed for' by the lady in reception (no lady and no reception)

After complaining to them, they stated that they had spoken to the courier and 'he/she' said that it had been signed for at the factory unit on the Saturday. I then sent them a photo of the unit, where it states 'Closed on weekends' but they were having none of it.

I will say though, that this was only one of many packages etc that I've sent via them.

I had a delivery go missing which was signed for. I work from home so I new I was there. It was one where they also take a photo of the property. The photo they had was of a metal 5 bar gate into a field. 

It still took a lot of talking / emailing to convince them that the photo was not my house.

I had two messages from Royal Mail last week that they had delivered an expected parcel at 9.52 - no parcel in the letter box or our "safe" place, and we had been in all morning.

I phoned the RM help-line and raised a complaint for non-delivery.

At about 10.30 our morose postman pushed letters and a packet through the letter box. 

I managed to stop him before he carried on and asked why the parcel was showing as delivered half an hour earlier.

"Oh, well, I always scan the parcels before I start, then I give the machine to my mate".

Two days later the local post manager paid a visit to follow up the complaint, get me to sign that I had received the parcel and to explain.

Postie, apparently, had started signing all his parcels off, passing the machine to his mate and then knocking off and going home without having to hand the machine in.

5 hours ago, fatchap said:

Yodel used to hold the title for me, but my recent UPS experience has put yodel now into 2nd place. As said above Hermes dont give a flying about your parcel, contents of parcel, your property, house, car on driveway etc. Annoys me when Hermes backs onto my driveway almost to the front door just to deliver a small box, the only courier company that does that. But at least they do card you and its filled in correctly ie left with next door or taken back to depot and will try again 2 more times.

Parcelforce are not too bad, never had a run in with them.

Feel free to come and have a coffee where i work and listen to the Yodel depot across the road.Thud bang crash doesnt cover it ,the funniest of all is the security guard running after the box van trying to get drivers attention as the back doors were open and parcels were flying out the back of the van.And yes they launched them back in when he stopped and just drove off,they have not 1 iota of respect for anyones property and play grenades with your packages ???

I was in a shop yesterday and a Polish bloke was shouting that his parcel should have been

delivered to the shop for pick up.

The poor  shop  owner was saying he did not have it and asked for a reference number.

The polish bloke gave him the reference number and the shop owner said it's being delivered to Wf8***

The Polish bloke asked where that was and the shop owner gave him the name of the street,

The polish bloke then shouted "That's where I live" ?

Edited by daveboy

Lately I have had maybe 10 "failed deliveries" from Hermes.

My building is occupied between 0500 and 2000 yet my parcels kept getting returned to sender.

It turns out that the driver had googled and checked that the shop wasn't open at the times he passed  by so didn't bother stopping. Didn't think to leave cards or even check if the office was open.

Several times he reported that he had knocked the front door. Had he done this he would have got a reply or even seen the notice of where to bring the delivery (about 5m away).

I offered the cctv footage to prove that he didn't even enter the carpark. 

The only thing Hermes said was that it would be noted for future reference.

Didn't make any difference for the next 3 or 4 deliveries!

I will never use Hermes if I can possibly avoid them. Useless.

Parcel force on the other hand are very good.

Edd

The only parcels I've had "delivered" by UPS ended up at a shop 2 miles away. No card left to tell me where they were, it was only by contacting the supplier that I was able to track them down.

As someone who works in that industry I have a fair idea of what goes on, the tricks that drivers pull, the problems they face, and the hassles that customers can cause too.

Depending on which company the driver works for they can have anything up to 125+ drops to complete in a day. When you're on such a heavy schedule you don't have a lot of time to wait at doors and you certainly don't have time to fill out every detail on the card before you post it.

Again depending on the company you may or may not be able to take a parcel back to the depot for redelivery. At Parcelforce I can get away with bringing a few back but if the numbers start to get too high you can guarantee my boss will be chewing my ear off the following day. Amazon drivers don't get that option unless it's an age verification parcel, and drivers can be fined for bringing parcels back or making errors in delivery. 

On the whole though the sector is obsessed with getting rid of as many parcels as possible. For instance I brought back a couple of parcels that were meant to be delivered to flats. I told my boss I couldn't get in to leave a card to say they'd been left at the post office. His answer "Jam the card in the door frame". So be aware when you complain about a driver that he may simply be following orders.

Then you have companies that put drivers on different routes each day. That results in drivers relying on sat nav, which again slows you down and adds another level of potential error. I'll deliver just about anywhere but it's easier when you have at least some level of familiarity with the area and far easier when it's a route you've done for several months.

And now to customers. If you're going to order something that's big and/or heavy and you can't guarantee you're going to be in then you're far better off either arranging delivery to a neighbour or leaving a note on the door telling the driver which neighbour to use (and make sure it isn't a dozen houses away). If I have a heavy or large parcel it doesn't leave the van until I know for certain someone is in. If they're not in then in all likelihood it's going back to depot because I'm not lugging something huge up and down the street in the hope someone will take it in. Like the idiot that ordered 10 radiators for a 10am delivery and then wasn't in to receive them!

2 hours ago, cuffy said:

We just put in the notes bit ,

Leave in porch , safe place as all the front is covered with cctv .

Not missed a delivery yet !

Nice for some companies but virtually everything delivered by Parcelforce requires a signature. I'm sure some drivers will take the risk but many won't because should anything happen to the parcel and you complain then they could be sacked. I work for them through an agency and the pay is top notch compared to virtually any other driving job. The guys who are contracted are on a very nice pay packet and it's pretty much a job for life as long as you don't make any major screw-ups.

Nice to see largely favourable reviews of PF though.

we are really popular, normally a car or two on our drive and I'm sure some of the delivery drivers on our street come straight to us without trying other houses, that way they can be off without any bother.

never had ups or herpes do a delivery though, normally PF RM or blank van/ cars.

We used to regularly get parcels for a doctor that lives about half a mile away ,my Mrs would regularly deliver them to the docs house after tea. It got a bit much in the end and both lin and the doctor complained to amazon , it made no difference whatsoever until we started to keep the parcels lol , we would just leave them in a pile by the front door until the delivery drivers came and asked for them back.

One thing I learned from the experience is , the pretty little blonde doctor down the road , is guzzling about three bottles of wine every night .