Rubber roof on my garage.

harrycatcat1

I have a flat sloping roof on my garage which started leaking so I bought a large piece of rubber which covered it over winter in the short term.

I intend to screw osb/sterling board to the roof then glue the rubber to the board and then trim the edges with plastic.

My question is can I use PVA glue to stick the rubber to the board and if so do I apply it neat or do I need to water it down a bit?

Thanks for any advice.

Hcc

Ive just done this to my shed .and will be doing it to my house soon. 

Don't use pva it goes too hard .you need a flexible  ms polymer glue for the center and a contact adhesive round the edges. This is to allow the rubber the expand and contract in the center but not pull away from the edges. 

Also it doesnt melt the rubber. 

This is the ms polymer for the middle 

IMG_20180520_125911.jpg

There’s a company in Alfreton called Thermaroof that will sell you the glue mate, they sell the trims too for finishing off. You don’t want the wind getting under it. 

Edited by Delwint

On 20/05/2018 at 16:57, Delwint said:

There’s a company in Alfreton called Thermaroof that will sell you the glue mate, they sell the trims too for finishing off. You don’t want the wind getting under it. 

It’s Permaroof. 

O.P.- if you have the EPDM product they sell, it’s made by Firestone and a great product. Some of the cheaper stuff is just a Chinese pond liner and won’t last. I have done their installation course and have used the Firestone product quite a bit. I don’t like the spray contact adhesive and recommend the paint on version. 

8 hours ago, Sako7mm said:

It’s Permaroof. 

O.P.- if you have the EPDM product they sell, it’s made by Firestone and a great product. Some of the cheaper stuff is just a Chinese pond liner and won’t last. I have done their installation course and have used the Firestone product quite a bit. I don’t like the spray contact adhesive and recommend the paint on version. 

Yes the rubber is Firestone and from them at Alfreton. The rubber is on the roof at the moment and has been held down with brick sets around the edges but looks an eyesore. I will have to try and get it done this summer.