Stationary engine battery charging

lopylui

So me and a friend have been breaking a few cars and we recently saw a video on the tube where someone has a stationary engine turning an alternator which charges a car battery to power a winch on a home made bale spike and we are wanting to replicate it. I have a honda gx180 an alternator ( https://www.eurocarparts.com/search/401735212?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItbbWqs6U2wIVT7XtCh0vWwHyEAQYAiABEgLKb_D_BwE ) and a battery but we cant find a wiring diagram thats good enough to work off.

So can anyone on here share some wisdom on how to wire it up. I have the connector block that attaches to altinator and the thicker wire with connector that bolts on.

401735212-A.jpg

The large terminal normally marked B+  needs a thick wire direct to battery+  There should be a terminal marked w and this needs a wire from a warning lamp. The other side of the warning lamp should go through a switch to the battery+ 

And don't forget an earth wire from the alternator frame to battery -

Edited by bornfree

2 hours ago, bornfree said:

The large terminal normally marked B+  needs a thick wire direct to battery+  There should be a terminal marked w and this needs a wire from a warning lamp. The other side of the warning lamp should go through a switch to the battery+ 

And don't forget an earth wire from the alternator frame to battery -

Does that look right to you?

1-wire-alternator-wiring-diagram-wagnerdesign-of-peugeot-206-alternator-wiring-diagram.jpg