MTC Viper suitable for 17HMR?

ChrisPCarter

Don't see why not - HMR has very little recoil so as long as the scope has AO of some sort you should be fine - just check that the scope will come back far enough to give suitable eye relief as some scopes foul the front mount with the taper of the front lens.

On 21/05/2018 at 00:31, ChrisPCarter said:

I'm looking to buy a CZ455 HMR and currently have an MTC/Optisan Viper 6-24x56 SCB2 scope on an air rifle that I'm not using. Would it be suitable for use on a HMR?

100% i got 4-16x50 MTC Viper on my .17 HMR which was on my .300 Win-mag for 3.5 years with no issue what so ever

Edited by 6.5x55SE

9 minutes ago, JRDS said:

I would say it's too big, you ideally want something to complement the rifle size wise.  You don't need huge target turrets and all that mag on an HMR.  Something 3 - 12 or 4 - 14 would be ideal with low Turrets.

I would disagree.

I'm recently converted to the mtc range and impressed.

As much as I'm not a HMR fan you can certainly push the range out with it and that extra mag will come in handy.

I would say it's an ideal scope for most people's use of the little round.

Just my opinion.

Edd

I am an HMR owner and fan since they first came out, 150 yards tops in ideal conditions and with the correct zero that's virtually point and shoot.  Nothing against MTC scopes I have a Mamba Lite on my Airgun it was more of a size / turret thing, it's a big heavy lump on a petite Rimmy.  

Edited by JRDS