Atn x sight11

Cornish lad

Even a MK 1 x sight is more than up to the job of air rifle range ratting.

A good IR ,EVO ect and you can extend that range out to 150 - 200 yards for foxing.

The key is to have the latest firmware installed, that done I have no issues with my MK 1.
Good batteries (Kentli £26 from the bay) or a usb power bar left connected, and you can leave it switched on for the duration of the session.

I have a X Sight the mk 1, I changed the standard IR  for a better one and 100 yards is no problem. I had it on a 22 rimfire and have had a lot of rabbits with it, but not used for a while. I am thinking of changing for something else to go on my 223 so could be for sale if you are interested.

Hi guys thanks for your input ,Dc177  about a photon being a better choice I had a photon years ago and it was a real let down in the day time and if the x sight is better day light than the photon that would be a benifit,as it would be used for tree rats / pigeons I understand regarding all the gimmicks that it has and I would not be using these compared to the photon , I have the drone pro on my fixing rig so understand regarding it uses but looking at the price of the photons ,maybe the x sight is about the same money ,would it not offer better a all round trade off for both day / night picture ?? I know. the the first x sight was pants ,reading all the forums but there seems to be more positive feedback on the mk 2 version ?? 

hello, there is nothing wrong with the photons, you just need to know how to use as instructions and can upgrade, i get a 90% clarity from my MK 1s only problem now is the front diopter is on the max plus ,  if you want a perfect picture/screen day and night make a DIY  scope add on night vision kit for about £100, i know some XTs  had problems but you get a good 3 year warranty from Yukon and good service from thomas jacks,  i would never buy anything from ATN  

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

1 hour ago, DC177 said:

IMHO completely over-priced and over-engineered for this requirement. A Photon would be a better choice.

When you say over engineered , do you really mean overly complicated ?
I dont really use any of the extra bits like recording ect, take all those bits away and youve got a photon you can also use in the daytime.

Like I say make sure you have the latest software, and even a MK1 works perfectly, mine certainly does.

3 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I dont really use any of the extra bits like recording ect, take all those bits away and youve got a photon you can also use in the daytime.

Like I say make sure you have the latest software, and even a MK1 works perfectly, mine certainly does.

hello, best N/V that has been on the market since the early MK 1 s, bought mine on 13/9/2013, so good have 2 but i am looking to sell 1 to fund some thing else in the N/V range 

Thanks again chaps , regarding add ons not really into large screen jobbies it would also mean buying yet again another scope as what I have on my air rifle is the mtc mamba but it's the one with rir on the back which isn't compatable with sliding a add on the back of ? .i can totally understand that the photon might have a better nv capability but for close in ratting /rabbits night time and day time doesn't the atn have a better image clarity ??in hd   Have got plenty of high power IRS to bang on to help light up what's out there if needed / plus thermal spotter

3 minutes ago, Cornish lad said:

Thanks again chaps , regarding add ons not really into large screen jobbies it would also mean buying yet again another scope as what I have on my air rifle is the mtc mamba but it's the one with rir on the back which isn't compatable with sliding a add on the back of ? .i can totally understand that the photon might have a better nv capability but for close in ratting /rabbits night time and day time doesn't the atn have a better image clarity ??in hd   Have got plenty of high power IRS to bang on to help light up what's out there if needed / plus thermal spotter

The x sight 2 definitely has good clarity, but ...
They are a big lump and you may need a mounting solution to get the right eye relief, they are pretty heavy too.
There are solutions to the dial on illuminated scopes, and a near eye screen would eliminate the big screen issue.

Dave G on here is the man to talk to, he could build you a near eye set up to fit to the mamba for far less than x sight or photon, with better clarity and the best of both day and night systems.

4 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Yes, totally overly complicated for that task. I mean, it's a computer on a scope; it needs time to boot up for ***** sake. The Yukon Photon is much simpler and a joy to use tbh. It does exactly what you need and ideal for ratting.

47 minutes ago, DC177 said:

Yes, totally overly complicated for that task. I mean, it's a computer on a scope; it needs time to boot up for ***** sake. The Yukon Photon is much simpler and a joy to use tbh. It does exactly what you need and ideal for ratting.

Strange I just turn mine on and shoot with it day and night. 

14 hours ago, DC177 said:

Mine takes about 3 seconds to boot, but then with external power I just leave it on, or on batteries alone it will go 4-5 hours.
Does your photon come on instantly ?

13 hours ago, rimfire4969 said:

Strange I just turn mine on and shoot with it day and night. 

Me too.
Mines a MK1 5-18 and I think the sight image is pretty sharp, a MK 2 is supposedly better, every photon Ive looked through is no where near as good.
But I suppose its what you get used to.