Pigeon outings

motty

It's good to have a reminder of what pigeon shooting looks like. Pigeons in this part of Kent are pretty non existent apart from those feeding on clover in unshootable horse paddocks. They seem to know where they can feed in peace. Even a couple of pea fields locally are not attracting any at all, whatever time of day I look. 

It would seem that many pigeons have taken their holidays in Norfolk !

Good video. Thanks for posting. 

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

Great video , on that form I am sure you will still be in Munchers first team despite your recent blip in shooting straight :good:

Strange, really. I have shot far better recently when the camera has been rolling.

You boys are still on form! At the end of a horrible day's work it was so pleasant to come back & find your two videos on the the ,what has become a much underused site  these last few weeks.Quite recharged the batteries...thanks for the effort.

(My rolling mean on the pigeons over April & May = nil).

22 minutes ago, pbutd said:

You boys are still on form! At the end of a horrible day's work it was so pleasant to come back & find your two videos on the the ,what has become a much underused site  these last few weeks.Quite recharged the batteries...thanks for the effort.

(My rolling mean on the pigeons over April & May = nil).

April and May have been pretty good for us this year. Hopefully you can find some some. I enjoy your videos.

1 hour ago, kenholland said:

nice to know you can shoot any bird at any angle , knowing that you have a good dog to pick up including the pond , well done.

I would be lost without a dog that retrieves from water.

37 minutes ago, Catamong said:

Nice footage Motty, not much about these parts at the moment, but I'm sure things will pick up later in the year once the beans & peas are cut, make sure you have a day free late August time, and bring the video camera..!

Cat.

Ok. Cheers, Rob!

2 hours ago, Richie10 said:

Do you have a new dog?

Rich

Boomer is now 3 and a bit, and is a decent all round dog. Old Shandy hasn't been out with me for the best part of two years. I don't think she misses it too much, and is enjoying her retirement. She is 13 1/2.

9 hours ago, KB1 said:

Great video.  Seriously good shooting……. You'd clean up at my clay ground?

Now for the daft question…. Are your guns that quiet, or is your microphone suppressing most of the 'bang'?

Thanks!

The camera is surrounded by the waterproof case, so the sound is a little on the quiet side. Trouble is, with the skeleton case, my heavy breathing makes me sound like a perv!

3 minutes ago, motty said:

Thanks!

The camera is surrounded by the waterproof case, so the sound is a little on the quiet side. Trouble is, with the skeleton case, my heavy breathing makes me sound like a perv!

I can understand it though, with all those Birds around you?

• 1 month later...
On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 22:30, motty said:

Thanks!

lol made me laugh that, good shooting from the pair of you yet again when you say you have a blip in shooting straight  I still bet you don't miss a lot even then