Spring pest control

FOXHUNTER1

Visited a farm yesterday evening to show my face and see what the rabbit population was like. Over a cuppa with the farmer he told me there was plenty and to shoot them no matter what the size as he has crops planted this year , usually its grass due to being a sheep farmer ...

It was a lovely evening for a mooch in the sunshine , a few rabbits about but not as many as I was expecting , maybe due to the heat .....

Not many adults about , mostly juveniles but they all had to go , farmers instructions :yes:

Shot this youngster with a white collar ......

ZjNYIR8.jpg

Once dusk was setting in I had a look around the barns for rats. A few about but had to pick my shots in the empty barns shooting them amongst the manure .

RMiUUQP.jpg

Another bonus was the farmer told me of another 8 fields I never knew he owned so more bunnies to go at :yes:

17 minutes ago, jason g said:

Fair play ? What time do you shoot in an evening I would like to have a go but unsure about best times thanks 

whenever you can get there, have your tea and off you go, its light now till half 9, always liked shooting in an evening especially as your alarm doesn't have to go off at half 4 in the morning.

20 minutes ago, jason g said:

Fair play ? What time do you shoot in an evening I would like to have a go but unsure about best times thanks 

Couple of hours before dusk is usually the best time ....

Just get out there and try , depends on the population . If you have a large density of rabbits any time of day can produce results.

Good luck.

9 minutes ago, WelshMike said:

Well done Mark. Glad to see that you had a good excuse for being rude and not wanting to talk to me 

Always got time to chat about man bags mate :lol::lol:

37 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Couple of hours before dusk is usually the best time ....

Just get out there and try , depends on the population . If you have a large density of rabbits any time of day can produce results.

Good luck.

Always got time to chat about man bags mate :lol::lol:

:lol: At least you dont have man bag issues like Ed. Reckon he was beaten with a man bag when he was a kid and he has a deep seated hatred of them now :lol:

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Image result for camo man bags

Caught Mike going out the other day with his new buddy :lol::lol::lol:

Brilliant. to be fair I am sure the one mike had was more pink. But I may of been mistaken. All I heard was " its not a f#####g hand bag" 

But lets not start it off again?

6 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

Brilliant. to be fair I am sure the one mike had was more pink. But I may of been mistaken. All I heard was " its not a f#####g hand bag" 

But lets not start it off again?

:lol::lol: It wasnt pink....it was off pink with a faux fur surround :lol:

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Image result for camo man bags

Caught Mike going out the other day with his new buddy

...god help me...everybody is joining in the abuse....lol 

Nice mixed bag.

I think the one with the white collar would have been worth a few quid in 'pets are us'. 

Just booked us in to do a few on friday night fingers crossed. Only trouble with rabbits, here today and gone tomorrow. 

12 minutes ago, oowee said:

Nice mixed bag.

I think the one with the white collar would have been worth a few quid in 'pets are us'. 

Just booked us in to do a few on friday night fingers crossed. Only trouble with rabbits, here today and gone tomorrow. 

Hi ..... I am not really into Rabbits but when you say , here today and gone tomorrow , where or why would they go elsewhere when they have food and there burrow near at hand , maybe move about for change of diet ? , or is it , crops to high to shoot on ?

They tend to build a population level and then contract mixy or rvhd and then they disappear. I was pleased to get a perm a couple of years ago with shed loads of the things. I shot maybe 60 or so and then they vanished. Farmer thinks i did a great job :-).

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

Hi ..... I am not really into Rabbits but when you say , here today and gone tomorrow , where or why would they go elsewhere when they have food and there burrow near at hand , maybe move about for change of diet ? , or is it , crops to high to shoot on ?

Also the weather plays a big part . Some nights there are none about and on another night loads .............