New HMR17 or second hand

muncher

If you can afford a new one then that’s the way I would go - you’ll always know what it’s done & how it’s been treated ?

If you buy a CZ do the trigger or get the RFD you buy if from to do it for you if you aren’t confident enough to do it yourself ?

I bought a rough battered one off here, first day my mate dropped it, we couldn’t tell if it made any difference as it was already scratched up lol 

took it out to shoot, all inside a 20p piece. 

Happy with that! What more could you want? 

7 hours ago, muncher said:

I have a slot for a HMR 17,and I only want a reliable work hosre,so to speak .The question is should I buy new or a second hand one with scope and moderator on.

Sorry if this thread has been done before.

Personally Jules I'd buy New . If you want to have a try with one I've got a CZ Thumbhole varmint barrel it's a Tack Driver if i do my bit

I have had one before Boyd, but thanks for the offer, but for the amount I use one I think a new set up might be the best way to go .

1 minute ago, tomaddy525 said:

For £350 brand new I don't see any reason why you'd go second hand IMO (unless you really trust the bloke and get it for an absolute bargain)

That wasy thinking too just thought I would ask to see if it's worth it,but with new you do have the knowledge of how the gun has been treated.

3 minutes ago, muncher said:

I have had one before Boyd, but thanks for the offer, but for the amount I use one I think a new set up might be the best way to go .

That wasy thinking too just thought I would ask to see if it's worth it,but with new you do have the knowledge of how the gun has been treated.

Exactly, you know it makes sense. I walked away from Gilsans with my 455 and an A-tec mod for £380. Felt like I had robbed the place.

I did the daft thing and bought a 14 year old Annie 1717 for £400, something I would find it hard to recommend but guess what? Bullet on bullet at 100 yards and the thing just reeks quality. I have a 452 in .22lr and have been very happy with it but the Annie is in a different league. You can get a used top end HMR for the same sort of money as a new CZ but I would strongly advise that you shoot it over 100 yards before parting with any cash.