A classic wife over reaction.

fatchap

I put 6  dirty 6 inch buffing wheels in the washing machine on a 40 degree wash with some liquitabs and the wife promptly exploded. Talk about an over reaction what possible harm can happen? None I thought. 

Seems its finished but the door wont open. This was an hour ago and she still hasn't calmed down. She is in full banshee mode at the moment.

And that bloody door still wont open:sad1:

You have to turn the dial back to zero wait a minute or two and the door will unlock. 

Just tell her she washes her dirty underwear and they are much muckier than your lightly soiled buffiing wheels. Then stand back and watch as she goes pop. 

Keep my stickleback out her way I wouldn’t like her to stick you with it. 

Edited by figgy

My work overalls aren't allowed in our home machine, metal filings and grease etc, have to take them to a hole in the wall launderette. Last week the door bit me and left a big blood blister. Our new cooker is only allowed to be used at around 200 degrees, what's wrong with whacking it up to 275 and getting tea done quicker, so it does smoke a little, that's what the extractor is for surely. Yep that pink zone is a tester.

i know the feeling,we both work in our household but when ever the white goods fail it seems it is my duty to fund the replacement.

like the new washer  i bought the other day ,it's technically mine but im not allowed anywhere near it

if i even pick up the box of washing powder she gets a  full monk on  :)

On my days off if the wives working I will do a couple of loads of washing them you get moaned at for doing half a job and leaving it on the clothes line , or stripping the bed and no remaking it , or the amount of ironing , now I just text want anything washed  and get a reply No ,So I reply what about the curtains or cushion covers  lol 

2 hours ago, moose man said:

Another one for the dishwasher ?, cylinder heads etc come out like new ..

Crank-cases, cylinder heads - wonderful finish.

I just wait until my wife has an evening of babysitting, then whack the crank-case into the oven at 250 degrees to fit the pre-frozen bearings

On 23/05/2018 at 09:08, amateur said:

Crank-cases, cylinder heads - wonderful finish.

I just wait until my wife has an evening of babysitting, then whack the crank-case into the oven at 250 degrees to fit the pre-frozen bearings

I know of a guy who zinc plated his entire frame in the bath whilst wife was away for a few days :lol:

In the days when I had two-stroke motorcycles, and briefly, a SAAB two-stroke car, I found that the best way to decoke the exhausts and silencer was to borrow the vacuum cleaner, disconnect the bag (shows how long ago this was, because it was in the days when Hoovers had bags), point the outlet at the disconnected silencer, put a little petrol in the open end of the silencer and light it, then switch on the air. The forced draught pushed the flame though the silencer.

The noise and volume of smoke was amazing, and you could follow the flame as it worked its way to the end.

It did really did clean out the silencers, leaving only a little dry ash to be tapped out.

Nowadays the pollution police would be around in a trice and I understand that modern 2 stroke oils don't coke up the silencers as much.

ps Don't try this at home, kids

On 23/05/2018 at 11:43, ditchman said:

i collect up all my oily rags from the workshop once a mth and shove them in on a boil wash........mind you i make sure she is at her dementia playgroup...

With everyone using low temperatures and powder/cleaning stuff with no bleach these days you're _supposed_ to do a really hot service wash once a month or so to stop mould growing.

You're only following the appliance instructions!

Just now, Nial said:

With everyone using low temperatures and powder/cleaning stuff with no bleach these days you're _supposed_ to do a really hot service wash once a month or so to stop mould growing.

You're only following the appliance instructions!

god im useless...............

I washed up the dinner things, on our first Sunday lunch we got back from our honeymoon, I said I'd do it again the next Sunday, but the footy was on, so she got fed up waiting by 8 that night and did it herself. Haven't done it since. We got married in 1977. (true story).