Rimfire Scope

decroyffe

8 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, sportsman gun centre have an off on the BSA sweet 22 rimfire £50

A very good scope for the money, I nearly bought the higher mag one the other day, I just dont want to deal with sportsman tbh.

11 hours ago, telf said:

Have had hawke and mtc , now have a falcon m18+ which to my eyes is the best scope out of the three

Excellent scope, and at 200 quid, the second focal plane version is excellent value for that glass quality.

14 hours ago, decroyffe said:

I've never had any experience with either. They look well built, are they heavy scopes..??

I wouldnt say they are any heavier than a Hawke, best to see which one you fancy and check the specs.

Just now, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, are they that bad to deal with?

Theres a good few people on here will tell you yes, including myself, they make promises they cant keep.
Sell you things they dont have, and likely cant get.
Its a strange business model, and I wont be caught in it again.

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

A very good scope for the money, I nearly bought the higher mag one the other day, I just dont want to deal with sportsman tbh.

Excellent scope, and at 200 quid, the second focal plane version is excellent value for that glass quality.

?

Some great advise here thanks. A friend who is also a PW member has kindly loaned me his leupold whilst it's sat doing nothing, which gives me some time to look around, consider all the advise, and find a suitable scope in my own time, rather than rushing in because I need one on the rifle, cheers Arnie, a thanks to everyone else 

I have a Hawke on my HMR and a Bushnell on my .22

The Hawke is a bigger scope - 6-24x50 with 30mm body.

The Bushnell is 3-9x40 on 1"...

So, it isn't a straight comparison but the Bushnell is a better scope, IMO. I can't fault the Hawke and am happy with it, but if I had to recommend one it'd be the Bushnell.

On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 12:45, decroyffe said:

Some great advise here thanks. A friend who is also a PW member has kindly loaned me his leupold whilst it's sat doing nothing, which gives me some time to look around, consider all the advise, and find a suitable scope in my own time, rather than rushing in because I need one on the rifle, cheers Arnie, a thanks to everyone else 

Your mates set you up, your going to want his Leup now ? 

16 hours ago, Mice! said:

Your mates set you up, your going to want his Leup now ? 

Haha this is something I'd do to be fair lol. The reticle on the scope isn't ideal, otherwise I'd be on his case, but it has prompted me to look at the leupold range lol

Reading the other comments and some more good advise, I've been looking at the nikko diamonds, also the Bushnells. I'm also pestering all my shooting buddies to have a look through whatever they have, problem is I feel very spoilt having the Leica on the 22-250..!!!

On 27 May 2018 at 22:30, decroyffe said:

Haha this is something I'd do to be fair lol. The reticle on the scope isn't ideal, otherwise I'd be on his case, but it has prompted me to look at the leupold range lol

Reading the other comments and some more good advise, I've been looking at the nikko diamonds, also the Bushnells. I'm also pestering all my shooting buddies to have a look through whatever they have, problem is I feel very spoilt having the Leica on the 22-250..!!!

The Leupolds are very good scopes.