22 rimfire range

Hi I am looking for advice I’ve been offered the opportunity to set up a rimfire rifle range on a clay shoot ,the land is cleared . All targets will be moveable so we would set up when we are able to shoot and the bring it all back into safe storage .Would I be correct in thinking that as the landowner will be giving permission for us to use shoot over his land standard personal insurance would be ok  . No membership is being charged all owner of the clay shoot hopes is that we use his shoot more often  . No money is changing hands to use the land. 

I look forward to hearing from the pigeon watch massive 

You would still need home office approval I believe. 
The fact that no money is changing hands is irrelevant.
An outside range is a little more complicated too, with backstops, rights of way ,warning flags ect, as you are aware, a .22lr round can travel !

1 hour ago, crazycooker said:

Ok thnx for the reply . But it’s more like a few of us are having permission slips signed to use his land for target shooting it will not be open to the public just myself and few mates 

Ah ,thats a completely different animal then.
Its not a 'range' just some land where they may be more than one person shooting at the same time, at targets .
Although technically you are given permission there for pest control, you are allowed to use said land to zero.
A bit of a grey area, but unless theres like , 10 of you there with 10 targets plainly set out, you should be ok, I would nt refer to it as a range though, as thats not what you are given permission for.