Benelli M2 Essential

Scully

Guest stevo

Can be a bit on the kicky side with biggish loads. Or even a busy day on pigeons you know about it and the end of the day , Spend the extra and get the one with the proper stock. 

I’ve just sold a mint M2 comforec to a friend as much as I liked the gun, it’s ease of and lack of need of cleaning. Due to shoulder damage it was kicking me about. 

Scully I would look for a good used M2 comfortech or a Franchi Affinity. 

Just picked up my Browning Maxus this morning from Gilsans. 

Guest stevo
14 minutes ago, figgy said:

I’ve just sold a mint M2 comforec to a friend as much as I liked the gun, it’s ease of and lack of need of cleaning. Due to shoulder damage it was kicking me about. 

Nice one figgy ? gas guns rule ?

6 hours ago, figgy said:

Thanks Figgy, spoke to dealer today; he's got a selection of models for me to look at, including a comfortec. He may also have a M1 for me to look at. 

Had a benelli for a few years suits me fine as i hate cleaning guns this seems to go forever gets cleaned about twice a year, usually when scaffy calls he loves cleaning guns ...

Edited by hawkeye

Guest cookoff013
2 hours ago, hawkeye said:

Had a benelli for a few years suits me fine as i hate cleaning guns this seems to go forever gets cleaned about twice a year, usually when scaffy calls he loves cleaning guns ...

Just oil the head and rails and the return spring. Never fails

Shot in excess of 150 carts through the New Maxus today, don’t  even feel like I’ve been shooting no bruising or soreness. Stripped down very easy but I have to say no where near as easy or quick to clean as the Benelli.

Probably due to me thinking just before I went out the door, I’ll give it a quick blast of WD40 dry PTFE lube into the action and slide rails. It didn’t dry before I started Shooting and got dispersed all through the gas system leaving a nice gummy powder residue for me to clean off when I got home. Lesson learned. 

Did you go looking and trying guns at your dealers yet Scully ? 

Hi Scully,

I have an M2, My son has had the Winchester SX3 and now has a Browning Maxus, I am not a fan of semi autos generally however, wanted one as a hide gun for pigeon and wildfowling. I have shot the beretta a400 and the wild fowling version extreme .

I can honestly say that its the best semi auto I have shot for one reason .. reliability it cycles all loads of cartridges no problem, I use it as a walking stick in times of need on the marsh :lol:

The inertia took some getting used to as i have shot for many years (decades) side by side and under and over and it all felt very foreign ... but in time the bags have grown and now i love it ... 

Easy to feed in the hide .. never gets cleaned just spray oil on it now and again .. a real work horse of a gun that won't let you down..

Good luck what ever you choose 

All the best 

Terry

Have to say that my armsan 612 does everything that my m2 did (sold it last year) for a quarter of the price. Autos are only tools as far as I am concerned mainly used for pigeons personally i wouldn't buy another one but each to their own.

Edited by Wingman

10 hours ago, Terry2016 said:

Hi Scully,

I have an M2, My son has had the Winchester SX3 and now has a Browning Maxus, I am not a fan of semi autos generally however, wanted one as a hide gun for pigeon and wildfowling. I have shot the beretta a400 and the wild fowling version extreme .

I can honestly say that its the best semi auto I have shot for one reason .. reliability it cycles all loads of cartridges no problem, I use it as a walking stick in times of need on the marsh 

The inertia took some getting used to as i have shot for many years (decades) side by side and under and over and it all felt very foreign ... but in time the bags have grown and now i love it ... 

Easy to feed in the hide .. never gets cleaned just spray oil on it now and again .. a real work horse of a gun that won't let you down..

Good luck what ever you choose 

All the best 

Terry

Sounds good. Many thanks Terry.