BSA Mag adjustment

hello, i found it takes a few pellets to get the mag working proper, i also used some pellet spray in mag, LT 1, have used this many years on 4 PCPs with magazines, my pellet tin has a bit of foam with LT 1, also the breech seals, for the price of Napier can get 100ml LT1, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Is that the first pellet to be loaded .? Or the last .

As the first hole often has a slight lead in .

The only solution ive heard of is to dab some glue or resin on the small pellet stop .then file and shape in concaved to build up the stop a bit more  so the pellet  now sits true with the outer hole 

The pellet type can make a big difference .if its too short .or got a very narrow head size the inner drum over rotates a bit .

Check the pellet stop inside the mag has it been bent slightly ? .

This happens if you wind the mag up to hole 10 and then let it go without any pellets in .or just the last one .

Has that happened. ? 

I have 2 mags: one old and one brand new. The both have the same issue: they appear fine until you load pellets (AA DFs). Never had this problem before with the old Ultra. 

Flush when empty but after 2nd pellet loaded they are off centre.

6978CF82-8BA6-4AB3-991C-E99C5B00A309.jpeg

96FD2B99-616F-47AE-BCBD-2BCA12F15C14.jpeg

So it turns out all BSA / Gamo mags are like this; even my 0.177 mag for the trusty Scorp. I finally worked out that the mag holding plate on the side must have moved or been fettled with in the past (previous owner was a fettler). Sure enough, after a few tweaks of the side plate I could cycle the bolt properly again. Fixed!

2 hours ago, DC177 said:

So it turns out all BSA / Gamo mags are like this; even my 0.177 mag for the trusty Scorp. I finally worked out that the mag holding plate on the side must have moved or been fettled with in the past (previous owner was a fettler). Sure enough, after a few tweaks of the side plate I could cycle the bolt properly again. Fixed!

Great result, looking at the picture it doesn't seem like there would be any movement, winner winner.

If anyone has this problem the thing to do is:

• loosen the magazine holding side plate
  • put the magazine in
  • push the bolt in
  • push the mag holding pin in
  • then test the bolt action
  • if everything is working smoothly then slowly tighten up the side plate again.

• 1 year later...
On 26/05/2018 at 14:49, Guest said:

If anyone has this problem the thing to do is:

• loosen the magazine holding side plate
  • put the magazine in
  • push the bolt in
  • push the mag holding pin in
  • then test the bolt action
  • if everything is working smoothly then slowly tighten up the side plate again.

hello, this also works if you fit a magazine to an Air Arms S 200