Heads up Gilsans of Melsonby

figgy

Just called in this morning to Gilsans new shop at Melsonby to collect my new purchase a Browning Maxus Composite for wildfowling this coming season. Talking to Simon couple of weeks ago on the phone he said he had five ex demo Maxus’s coming in from Browning so told him to put my name on one, rang earlier this week to check he had them in stock and he now only has one of them left for sale so a nice saving on a new one for someone. 

Whilst getting served by Simon the owner they were just getting out the boxes the new stock. Said just got some bargain wildfowling guns in. Six Bettinsolli wildfowlers with 31/2” chambers some with 30” barrels some with 32” barrels and very nice camo. Had to wait for them to get one out the box to have a hold, got a very nice non slip coating to the fore end and stock. 

£750.00 brand new. 

The good lady Figgy could see I was tempted and on the verge of saying hmm I’ll take one of them too, and said don’t you just bought the Browning for the Marsh ???, got in the car and she said if I wasn’t with you you would have bought one too, ? yep I would. 

Saw them unbox the very first one in the country of the new Browning Crown I think he said it’s calked a fixed choke game gun with white gold inlaid birds on the action, very nice gun. Not a big Browning fan as I find Beretta fit me better. This Crown a 20 bore was a very nice balanced gun that fit quite well. 

Edited by figgy

Always worth a visit very friendly staff and always got the coffee on, 

I have known Simon for years and visited the new shop just after it opened got loads of good gear and plenty of parking room lot better than Richmond town centre, 

that was a sod to find a parking spot..