demonwolf444

The making of Handmade Turnscrews.

Please forgive me for asking, but what exactly are they / are they used for? 

They look superb - excellent craftmanship. 

9 hours ago, iano said:

Please forgive me for asking, but what exactly are they / are they used for? 

They look superb - excellent craftmanship. 

They are for undoing and tightening the screws/pins on shotguns. Didn't you read Demonwolf444's wonderful post at the start of this thread?

11 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

They are for undoing and tightening the screws/pins on shotguns. Didn't you read Demonwolf444's wonderful post at the start of this thread?

I was distracted by the images!

Thanks for all the kind words, - All PM's from last week replied to - I'm underway with the second batch of turn screws if you would like to add you name to the list let me know.

All the best and many thanks.

James.

UPDATE - ALL the handles for the most recent orders have been turned and are being sanded and finished - Blade blanks have been cut, lots more to do its a big job batch producing all these my sincere thanks for everyone so far who has taken an interest in my work!

Making a solid metal pattern might be limiting - its a big undertaking however the variations i can get of one pattern are practically limitless depending on how the material is prepped before it is loaded in to the machine.

Here are some beautiful variations on the pattern - These are destined for a gunmaker and friend with serious skill.

Left - Original Pattern.

Center - Octagon Pattern. - These are from best English air dried fiddle back ash - Supply is limited and prepping the blanks take some - So they are a bit on the bloody pricey side of things.

Right - Slab sided Pattern - These are idea for turn screws going in to gun cases and such. Simple and understated - I had our friend Feltwad in mind for some of these!

Untitled.png.e6a7e275011da27f8ccffa41aea23813.png

More soon Gentlefolk!

The handles above are now in the hands of one of the best gun makers around!

Progress update - a large quantity of handles have been turned and im grinding all the blades today and should have them all put together by tomorrow!

There will be a number of orders going out at the end of this week all being well, and some ( you awkward ******* who wanted something a little different ) will be going out early next week. Some beautiful handles mixed in with the batch, though in my view from the plain to the extraordinary each is beautiful in its own way!

Grateful for each and every order, in supporting my workshop and business, and for your appreciation of what i hope you will agree is fine work and quality tools.

All the best

James.