Pigeon burgers

GingerCat

I dug out a meat grinder that's sat in the cupboard for years and mixed 12 pigeon breasts with half a pound of pork belly fat and 4 rashes of smoked bacon. 1.5 onions (not the biggest) a  it of chilli and some coriander. 

They were very very tasty and I look forward to swapping the spice for some thyme and Apple. 

Has anyone else got similar recipes or have tried minced pigeon in place of beef mince? 

14 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

I dug out a meat grinder that's sat in the cupboard for years and mixed 12 pigeon breasts with half a pound of pork belly fat and 4 rashes of smoked bacon. 1.5 onions (not the biggest) a  it of chilli and some coriander. 

They were very very tasty and I look forward to swapping the spice for some thyme and Apple. 

Has anyone else got similar recipes or have tried minced pigeon in place of beef mince? 

I haven't got a recipe , but I used to sell pigeons to a butcher who made sausages with pork and pigeons , I took him some every week throughout the summer and no doubt some ended up on b b qs , he also minced a few up and put them into pies .

Try marinading the breast for 48hrs in a mix of maple syrum, brown sugar, white wine vinegar and a dash of Worbestershire sauce.  I also have some seasoning  Tony Chatery's Cajun mix which my friend sends me from Louisiana, which adds to the flavour. The marinade makes a big difference.    I use the same for pheasant, venison ..usually muntie shoulders which have very little meat anyway.... and brisket(12 hours in the drum, low and slow).   I recently did 1 1/2 brace of pheasant breasts, brace of partridge, a huge round, 1 inch thick gammon steak and a lb of smoked bacon, plus a shake of Tony's and ground it up, mixed in two eggs to help hold it all together.  there wasn't a speck left and everyone said they were the best burgers they had ever eaten.