Air arm s 300

mellors

I'm having a sort out. After refurbishing my webley axsor. 22.

I'm now going to start on the air arms s300. Neither had been used for over 10 years. I've got lots of use for now while the pigeons are doing there thing. So I've printed off the tuning guide and ordered a seal kit. One thing I'm not sure about is the power adjustment. It appears easy but has anyone done one of these. It's got to be right as it will be used in a very sensitive area. 

Hardest bit is getting the trigger mounting pin back. Also the clocking bolt spacer is awkward dropped mine twice rolled off the bench took ages to find. 

If it's the old axsor I would suggest lock tight on the power adjustment then when your setting it won't move but you can still turn it. When reassembled. You'll see you can adjust it with pressure in the gun start off 5 turns in then half a turn at a time then chromo it. There is a blown up schematic on chambers site you can print off for seal locations. 

Last don't over tighten the stock bolt there's not a lot of thread I the tube (very easy to strip). I did 

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

Post it up with pics please...:good:

DSC_0321.JPG.b1fd8e95b6a83a50cde2209f4ddac4be.JPGDSC_0321.JPG.b1fd8e95b6a83a50cde2209f4ddac4be.JPG

If you look at trigger assembly you'll see the pin through the tube. I think if you backed of the tension it would be easier but then you've got to reset it all again. 

BK278.jpg

Insert Allen key in here to stop it spinning. Then screw in hammer pin with lock tight on 5 turns to start with reassemble and test. Took me five attempts to get the power right. 

Running well now though. 

Invaluable addition to any job. Put all your bits in or fluids for cleaning stuff. 

Still no reply on Air arms s300. Not found anything on the Internet. Seals should arrive this week will have it bits at the weekend. Can't be that hard we'll see 

4 minutes ago, mellors said:

Invaluable addition to any job. Put all your bits in or fluids for cleaning stuff. 

Still no reply on Air arms s300. Not found anything on the Internet. Seals should arrive this week will have it bits at the weekend. Can't be that hard we'll see 

hello, still no reply on AA S300 ????????

10 minutes ago, mellors said:

Read original post. 

We wandered of on my previous progect. 

Probably no one done one or wants to share info. But going press on. Nothing ventured etc. 

hello, sorry i did not read this, you asked Air Arms ???? and no joy ?? , there is one chap i know who is about the best AA man on these rifles and he is called Mike on the uk airgun forum  goes by the name of Cloverleaf. 

36 minutes ago, mellors said:

Read original post. 

We wandered of on my previous progect. 

Probably no one done one or wants to share info. But going press on. Nothing ventured etc. 

cheers fella, i had missed your original post, thanks for the info and I was hoping it would be simple.

send Bruno a msg about your 300 he might be able to help.

37 minutes ago, ditchman said:

tried it with Walls with some ole bloom years ago....she wouldnt have it

More deviation. 

Must be raining everywhere. Think I'll make start on it get it stripped down ready.