pigeon shooting for sale? midlands

dog

I'm in Leicestershire & although I have 500+ acres rough shooting, we never get many woodies round here. Want some good pigeon shooting for my lad & I for day here & there from easter on. willing to drive 100 miles & to pay cash. Any ideas/recommendations anyone?

Also just got silenced .22 rimfire, anybody done much pigeon shooting with one - they always tend to land out of range of 12 bores!

Hi dog,

Land is precious to the average shooting person! :P

How about joining a club where you can get pigeon shooting on selected fields for a fee? I think there are two clubs around your area: PRWS and NPPC (national pigeon pest control). PRWS have a website (guess you'll have to use a search engine to find it.)

NPPC dont have a website, but you can contact the organizer (John Shooter) on: 08707572246.

Are you being serious about shooting pigeons with a rimmy :P Never heard of it before. I guess if your allowed then it could be ok, althought it is a lot more sporting and exciting to bring the pigeons closer and shoot them with a shotgun, while they are still in flight.

I guess, seeing as you have your section 1 and you have 500 acres land then you know all the nessercary precautions; but if you are going to shoot them with your rifle. Just make sure you are not shooting them out of trees/ hedges etc etc and you are only shooting them in areas you know are safe!

tody

Hi dog,

I would definitely recommend John Shooter and NPPC(08707572246).I am sure he has got loads of land in a radius of 50 miles from where you live.Membership is quite cheap and is worth it.I have been a memmber for years and have had many memorable days.

Hi DOG have shot pidgeons at night "while out lamping with the .22 rim if i was going pidgeon shooting the next morning and needed a few dead birds for the magnet!

bigdev Sorry mate but I am just going to say what many of us will be thinking and that is..

If you have shot roosting pigeons at night with a .22 rimfire then you are some sort of Idiot...

Nothing personal..

FM.