Ear Protection for Glasses Wearers

ChrisJ

Hi all,

new to the forum, and looking for recommendations for ear protection for glasses wearers, I have read threads here saying that the full ear muffs can leak due to the arms of glasses breaking the seal, just wondered what others here with the same are using, many thanks in advance, Chris.

Guest stevo

RE ranger falcon pro glasses and peltor sportac over ear , no problem here , your best bet would be to stop listening to what others say or think and go to a shop WITH you glasses and try what’s best  for YOU . After all it your hearing . 

Over ear protection will always be better than in ear , END OF ! 

So make the effort and go try for yourself.you know it makes sense ? 

Edited by stevo

When shooting I use moulded (Emtec) plugs.  When standing with others I use MSA Sordin over ears.  They seem fine over my normal glasses which do have very slim (titanium) arms.  They do not work so well over glasses with thick plastic arms.

If in doubt, stand with someone who is shooting - and try earmuffs both with glasses on, and no glasses - and see if there is much difference.

10 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

When shooting I use moulded (Emtec) plugs.  When standing with others I use MSA Sordin over ears.  They seem fine over my normal glasses which do have very slim (titanium) arms.  They do not work so well over glasses with thick plastic arms.

If in doubt, stand with someone who is shooting - and try earmuffs both with glasses on, and no glasses - and see if there is much difference.

I have a pair of Howard Leight ear defenders, which are good, but my glasses have inflexible arms so they don't appear to cut down the noise so well as the Napier Pro headband type that I also use. The Napier ones are fine if shooting alone but also cut out all the wonderful countryside sounds, which I think is part, if not all, of being out and about anyway.

Obviously the above quoted 'Noisefighters' would solve the problem, but with the postage cost from the US, make these 'adaptors' quite expensive. I know that you cannot put a price on one's hearing but our pensions have to be eeked out these days !

I would still be interested in how Freshface finds the Noisefighters though, as they do seem to be the answer.

I cant get away with ear plugs so ive always used over ear muffs, as a spectacle wearer its a compromise but ive got the best ive ever had now in the MSA Sordin muffs, and the gel comfort cups. I tried both the original and the comfort cups and the comfort ones win hands down covering any spaces around the spec frames.

17 hours ago, thebigH91 said:

I cant get away with ear plugs so ive always used over ear muffs, as a spectacle wearer its a compromise but ive got the best ive ever had now in the MSA Sordin muffs, and the gel comfort cups. I tried both the original and the comfort cups and the comfort ones win hands down covering any spaces around the spec frames.

The MSA Sordin range do seem a quality product albeit quite expensive, but the gel comfort cups would appear to solve the problem for us glasses wearers. I don't suppose that those cups would be compatible with other makes of ear defenders would they ?

OB